|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
(d) David Keller.
2. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
(a) An old man.
(b) A homeless woman.
(c) A crippled boy.
(d) A German tourist.
3. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
4. Who leads James to Owen's place in Lahore at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Two young boys.
(b) Owen's assistant.
(c) Anand Das.
(d) His driver.
5. Based on the revelations of the novel, who most likely tried to shoot James?
(a) A Greek nationalist.
(b) A CIA operative.
(c) A cult member.
(d) A homeless person.
6. What are Rowser's plans as he talks to James at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Moving to China.
(b) Leaving Northeast Group.
(c) Marrying his live-in girlfriend.
(d) Taking a position in Africa.
7. Who is Andahl?
(a) Kathryn's new lover.
(b) Another analyst from Northeast Group.
(c) A cult member.
(d) Anand's friend.
8. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
(b) Hawa Mandir.
9. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His sexuality.
(b) His family.
(c) His work.
(d) His politics.
10. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(d) Bhajan Lal.
11. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) To visit Kathryn.
(b) To open a new office.
(c) To investigate local conditions.
(d) To meet with Owen.
12. In discussing the methodology of the cult in Chapter 9, what does Andahl insist the cultists are not?
(b) Seasoned killers.
(c) Religious zealots.
13. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
14. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
15. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To get closer to James.
(b) To gain US citizenship.
(c) To learn American customs.
(d) To kill Charles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
2. How does the congregation react to Orville's inability to speak in tongues in Chapter 14?
3. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
4. Who is the presumptive writer of Chapter 14?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)