Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(c) David Keller.
(d) Ann Maitland.
2. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
(a) Its olive crops.
(b) Its isolationism.
(c) Its central location.
(d) Its weak military.
3. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is leaving Greece.
(b) Charles has a new job.
(c) Her son is getting married.
(d) Hardeman has died.
4. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To gain US citizenship.
(b) To kill Charles.
(c) To get closer to James.
(d) To learn American customs.
5. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
(a) He almost falls asleep in a conference with an emir.
(b) He almost falls off a rock precipice.
(c) He almost goes home with a transvestite.
(d) He is almost trampled by goats.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
(a) Local eateries.
(b) Local hotels.
(c) Local rock formations.
(d) Local archeological digs.
7. Who is the presumptive writer of Chapter 14?
(c) Tap Axton.
(d) Owen Brademas.
8. What unfortunate incident happens on James's second day of driving with Tap in Chapter 8?
(a) He runs over a dog.
(b) He falls asleep at the wheel.
(c) He makes a disparaging comment about Kathryn.
(d) He gets a flat tire.
9. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
(a) He sets fire to a bail of hay.
(b) He flees the church.
(c) He dies.
(d) He speaks in tongues.
10. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
(a) To let him film a ritual murder.
(b) To reveal the location of the next killing.
(c) To set up a meeting with the cult's leader.
(d) To introduce him to his cell.
11. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
(a) Summer camp in rural Pennsylvania.
(b) Autumn on Kouros.
(c) Canadian winters.
(d) Springs in New York.
12. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(c) Bhajan Lal.
13. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
14. What does Owen admit he failed to learn about the cult in Chapter 12?
(a) Their origins.
(b) Their name.
(c) Their methodology.
(d) Their leader.
15. What does the A in Tap stand for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
3. In Chapter 9, what positive attribute does Del Nearing mention regarding Volterra?
4. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
5. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)