|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(b) Ann Maitland.
(c) David Keller.
2. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His sexuality.
(b) His work.
(c) His family.
(d) His politics.
3. With what other character does Hardeman work?
4. Who leads James to Owen's place in Lahore at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Two young boys.
(b) Owen's assistant.
(c) Anand Das.
(d) His driver.
5. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
(a) What his name is.
(b) Where he is from.
(c) How many languages he speaks.
(d) Why he is in Hawa Mandir.
6. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
(a) He is living with the cult presently.
(b) He wants to film a murder.
(c) He is abandoning the project.
(d) He is risking getting murdered himself.
7. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Making love.
(b) Visiting the Acropolis.
(c) Saying goodbye to Charles.
(d) Packing up his flat.
8. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Talking to Tap on the phone.
(d) Having lunch.
9. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(d) Rampant sin.
10. What does James do in Chapter 8 to forget about the cult one sleepless night?
(a) He talks to Kathryn on the phone.
(b) He goes to a film.
(c) He works through the night.
(d) He solicits a prostitute.
11. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
(a) A lecture.
(b) A play.
(c) A documentary.
(d) A book.
12. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
(a) Summer camp in rural Pennsylvania.
(b) Canadian winters.
(c) Springs in New York.
(d) Autumn on Kouros.
13. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
14. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
15. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) Cultural revenge.
(c) Religious fervor.
(d) Psychosexual fantasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
2. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
4. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)