|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andahl refused to divulge about the cult in Chapter 9?
(a) Its location.
(b) Its faith.
(c) Its origins.
(d) Its methods.
2. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
(a) The World Cup.
(c) Greek riots.
(d) Ronald Reagan.
3. What is the primary feature of the village of Hawa Mandir?
(b) Palm trees.
(c) Stone huts.
(d) Strip malls.
4. In Chapter 13, what does James admit to Lindsay Keller that he has never done?
(a) Given himself to someone.
(b) Been to Paris.
(c) Liked himself.
(d) Punched another person.
5. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) An Italian restaurant.
(b) Ann's new apartment.
(c) The British Consul.
(d) The Acropolis.
6. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(b) Rampant sin.
7. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
8. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
(c) New York.
9. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
(b) They refuse to talk to each other.
(c) They both have the flu.
(d) They are romantically involved.
10. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Bastille Day.
(c) Armistice Day.
11. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
12. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Having lunch.
(d) Talking to Tap on the phone.
13. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
(d) David Keller.
14. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Saying goodbye to Charles.
(b) Visiting the Acropolis.
(c) Making love.
(d) Packing up his flat.
15. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
(a) He almost falls asleep in a conference with an emir.
(b) He almost goes home with a transvestite.
(c) He almost falls off a rock precipice.
(d) He is almost trampled by goats.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 12, what does Owen mistake James for?
2. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
3. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
5. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)