|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(c) Rampant sin.
2. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
(a) Hawa Mandir.
3. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(b) Bhajan Lal.
4. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Bastille Day.
(d) Armistice Day.
5. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
(a) A documentary.
(b) A book.
(c) A lecture.
(d) A play.
7. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) A solar eclipse.
(b) Aurora Borealis.
(c) A harvest moon.
(d) An equinox.
8. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
(a) Its central location.
(b) Its weak military.
(c) Its isolationism.
(d) Its olive crops.
9. Whom does James tell he is resigning in Chapter 13?
(c) Mrs. Helen.
10. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
(b) New York.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
(a) Local rock formations.
(b) Local hotels.
(c) Local eateries.
(d) Local archeological digs.
12. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
13. Based on the revelations of the novel, who most likely tried to shoot James?
(a) A cult member.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A Greek nationalist.
(d) A CIA operative.
14. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Talking to Tap on the phone.
15. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
2. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. Who leads James to Owen's place in Lahore at the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
5. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)