|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
2. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
(a) A warning.
(b) A manifesto.
(c) A clue.
(d) A signature.
3. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
(a) Whether he wants to show the cult killing.
(b) Whether he wants to carry a gun while filming.
(c) Whether he wants to reveal the faces of the cultists.
(d) Whether he wants to report the cult to local authorities.
4. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(a) British Columbia.
5. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) To open a new office.
(b) To meet with Owen.
(c) To visit Kathryn.
(d) To investigate local conditions.
6. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His work.
(b) His politics.
(c) His family.
(d) His sexuality.
7. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Take in a symphony.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Watch American football.
(d) Visit an old monastery library.
8. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) Cleopatra's Needle.
9. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
(b) New York.
10. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Bastille Day.
(b) Armistice Day.
11. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
(c) David Keller.
12. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They refuse to talk to each other.
(b) They are romantically involved.
(c) They both have the flu.
(d) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
13. In discussing the methodology of the cult in Chapter 9, what does Andahl insist the cultists are not?
(a) Religious zealots.
(d) Seasoned killers.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does James decide his son's life in British Columbia must be?
15. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
(a) An archeological dig.
(b) Sanskit tablets.
(c) A temple.
(d) A series of caves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Hardeman?
2. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
3. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
4. What do the Keller's and James attempt to do to Hardeman after he passes out in Chapter 11?
5. What does Andahl refused to divulge about the cult in Chapter 9?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)