Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
(a) The door to the tavern is closed.
(b) His Greek is not good enough.
(c) Tap keeps interrupting him.
(d) The patrons refuse to talk to him.
2. With what other character does Hardeman work?
3. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Having lunch.
(b) Talking to Tap on the phone.
4. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(d) Rampant sin.
5. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Bastille Day.
(d) Armistice Day.
6. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) To meet with Owen.
(b) To visit Kathryn.
(c) To investigate local conditions.
(d) To open a new office.
7. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
(c) New York.
8. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) Cultural revenge.
(c) Religious fervor.
(d) Psychosexual fantasy.
9. What puts fear into James as he drives through the Mani in Chapter 8?
(a) A large hail-storm.
(b) A boulder with words on it.
(c) A shadowy figure on the side of the road.
(d) A configuration of logs.
10. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Acropolis.
(c) The Colloseum.
(d) Cleopatra's Needle.
11. In Chapter 9, what positive attribute does Del Nearing mention regarding Volterra?
(a) His loyalty.
(b) His generosity.
(c) His artistry.
(d) His empathy.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does James decide his son's life in British Columbia must be?
13. On what topic does Sigh repeatedly expound in the Chapter 12?
(a) The desert.
(b) The Hindu firmament.
(c) Life and death.
(d) American foreign policy.
14. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
(a) He is abandoning the project.
(b) He is risking getting murdered himself.
(c) He is living with the cult presently.
(d) He wants to film a murder.
15. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
(a) A series of caves.
(b) A temple.
(c) An archeological dig.
(d) Sanskit tablets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Rowser's plans as he talks to James at the end of Chapter 11?
2. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
3. What do the Keller's and James attempt to do to Hardeman after he passes out in Chapter 11?
4. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
5. In Chapter 13, what does James admit to Lindsay Keller that he has never done?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)