|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(a) David Keller.
(d) Ann Maitland.
2. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
(a) Sanskit tablets.
(b) An archeological dig.
(c) A series of caves.
(d) A temple.
3. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Making love.
(b) Visiting the Acropolis.
(c) Packing up his flat.
(d) Saying goodbye to Charles.
4. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) The Acropolis.
(b) Ann's new apartment.
(c) The British Consul.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
5. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(b) Having lunch.
(c) Talking to Tap on the phone.
6. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) To visit Kathryn.
(b) To meet with Owen.
(c) To open a new office.
(d) To investigate local conditions.
7. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Watch American football.
(b) Visit an old monastery library.
(c) Take in a symphony.
(d) Get drunk.
8. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
(d) Don DeLillo.
9. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
10. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
(a) He flees the church.
(b) He dies.
(c) He speaks in tongues.
(d) He sets fire to a bail of hay.
11. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
12. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
(a) Whether he wants to report the cult to local authorities.
(b) Whether he wants to show the cult killing.
(c) Whether he wants to reveal the faces of the cultists.
(d) Whether he wants to carry a gun while filming.
13. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(c) Rampant sin.
14. Whom does James tell he is resigning in Chapter 13?
(d) Mrs. Helen.
15. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
(a) The door to the tavern is closed.
(b) The patrons refuse to talk to him.
(c) His Greek is not good enough.
(d) Tap keeps interrupting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
2. What do the Keller's and James attempt to do to Hardeman after he passes out in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
4. What does the A in Tap stand for?
5. How does the congregation react to Orville's inability to speak in tongues in Chapter 14?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)