|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
(a) Why he is in Hawa Mandir.
(b) What his name is.
(c) How many languages he speaks.
(d) Where he is from.
2. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Volterra tell Andahl is James' profession?
4. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) The Acropolis.
(b) The British Consul.
(c) An Italian restaurant.
(d) Ann's new apartment.
5. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
6. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(b) Bhajan Lal.
7. Based on the revelations of the novel, who most likely tried to shoot James?
(a) A Greek nationalist.
(b) A homeless person.
(c) A CIA operative.
(d) A cult member.
8. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) The clear blue sky.
(b) His shoes.
9. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
10. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
(b) David Keller.
11. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(b) British Columbia.
12. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
13. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Making love.
(b) Saying goodbye to Charles.
(c) Packing up his flat.
(d) Visiting the Acropolis.
14. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
(c) New York.
15. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
(c) Hawa Mandir.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
2. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. How does the congregation react to Orville's inability to speak in tongues in Chapter 14?
4. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
5. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)