|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
(a) Local rock formations.
(b) Local eateries.
(c) Local archeological digs.
(d) Local hotels.
2. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
(b) Hawa Mandir.
3. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
4. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Armistice Day.
(c) Bastille Day.
5. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) Aurora Borealis.
(b) An equinox.
(c) A harvest moon.
(d) A solar eclipse.
6. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
(a) A German tourist.
(b) A crippled boy.
(c) An old man.
(d) A homeless woman.
7. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
(a) Its olive crops.
(b) Its weak military.
(c) Its central location.
(d) Its isolationism.
8. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Watch American football.
(b) Visit an old monastery library.
(c) Take in a symphony.
(d) Get drunk.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Volterra tell Andahl is James' profession?
10. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(c) British Columbia.
11. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
(a) Five men and women.
(b) A group of thirty.
(c) Three women.
(d) Two women and a man.
12. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
(a) Autumn on Kouros.
(b) Springs in New York.
(c) Canadian winters.
(d) Summer camp in rural Pennsylvania.
13. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
14. What puts fear into James as he drives through the Mani in Chapter 8?
(a) A large hail-storm.
(b) A boulder with words on it.
(c) A configuration of logs.
(d) A shadowy figure on the side of the road.
15. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Talking to Tap on the phone.
(c) Having lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What descriptor does Andahl use to describe the nature of the cult in Chapter 9?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, David Keller cannot understand why he misses what?
3. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
5. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)