|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
(a) A clue.
(b) A signature.
(c) A warning.
(d) A manifesto.
2. Which of the following is not a character that James Axton meets in person?
(a) Anand Das.
(d) Del Nearing.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Volterra tell Andahl is James' profession?
4. What is the first thing Singh asks Owen in Chapter 12?
(a) Why he is in Hawa Mandir.
(b) Where he is from.
(c) What his name is.
(d) How many languages he speaks.
5. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) His shoes.
(b) The clear blue sky.
6. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
(b) New York.
7. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
8. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
(c) Anand Dass.
9. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They refuse to talk to each other.
(b) They both have the flu.
(c) They are romantically involved.
(d) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
10. What does James do in Chapter 8 to forget about the cult one sleepless night?
(a) He works through the night.
(b) He goes to a film.
(c) He solicits a prostitute.
(d) He talks to Kathryn on the phone.
11. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(d) British Columbia.
12. What does Charles specifically - and mistakenly - congratulate James for in Chapter 13?
(a) Making a fortune in kickbacks.
(b) Winning custody of Tap.
(c) Courting Ann.
(d) Quitting the Northeast Group.
13. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
14. What descriptor does Andahl use to describe the nature of the cult in Chapter 9?
15. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
(a) Making it bigger.
(b) Making it louder.
(c) Making is dumber.
(d) Making it more exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
3. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
4. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
5. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)