|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
(a) A book.
(b) A play.
(c) A lecture.
(d) A documentary.
2. What are Rowser's plans as he talks to James at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Marrying his live-in girlfriend.
(b) Taking a position in Africa.
(c) Leaving Northeast Group.
(d) Moving to China.
3. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
4. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(c) Greek riots.
(d) The World Cup.
5. What does Owen admit he failed to learn about the cult in Chapter 12?
(a) Their origins.
(b) Their leader.
(c) Their methodology.
(d) Their name.
6. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
(a) New York.
7. Who is the character of Orville Benton based on?
(c) Don DeLillo.
8. How does the congregation react to Orville's inability to speak in tongues in Chapter 14?
(a) The bless him.
(b) They mock him.
(c) They weep.
(d) They beat him.
9. What does Andahl refused to divulge about the cult in Chapter 9?
(a) Its faith.
(b) Its methods.
(c) Its origins.
(d) Its location.
10. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
(a) Making it more exciting.
(b) Making is dumber.
(c) Making it louder.
(d) Making it bigger.
11. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Psychosexual fantasy.
(c) Cultural revenge.
(d) Religious fervor.
12. What does the A in Tap stand for?
13. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(c) Rampant sin.
14. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Having lunch.
(c) Talking to Tap on the phone.
15. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(c) Bastille Day.
(d) Armistice Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. James travels to all of the following locations except which?
2. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
3. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
4. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
5. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)