|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
2. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(a) Ann Maitland.
(d) David Keller.
3. What puts fear into James as he drives through the Mani in Chapter 8?
(a) A boulder with words on it.
(b) A shadowy figure on the side of the road.
(c) A large hail-storm.
(d) A configuration of logs.
4. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
(c) Anand Dass.
5. On what topic does Sigh repeatedly expound in the Chapter 12?
(a) The desert.
(b) Life and death.
(c) American foreign policy.
(d) The Hindu firmament.
6. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(b) British Columbia.
7. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
(a) To open a new office.
(b) To investigate local conditions.
(c) To visit Kathryn.
(d) To meet with Owen.
8. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To learn American customs.
(b) To gain US citizenship.
(c) To kill Charles.
(d) To get closer to James.
9. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) The British Consul.
(b) Ann's new apartment.
(c) The Acropolis.
(d) An Italian restaurant.
10. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
11. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(c) Talking to Tap on the phone.
(d) Having lunch.
12. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
(a) A play.
(b) A documentary.
(c) A book.
(d) A lecture.
13. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) The clear blue sky.
(c) His shoes.
14. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Visit an old monastery library.
(b) Watch American football.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Take in a symphony.
15. What does the A in Tap stand for?
Short Answer Questions
1. The second time James goes to the Mani in Chapter 8, who does he learn passed through the area recently?
2. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
3. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
5. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)