|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
(a) He is risking getting murdered himself.
(b) He is living with the cult presently.
(c) He wants to film a murder.
(d) He is abandoning the project.
2. What has Eliades been asking Ann Maitland about James in Chapter 10?
(a) His work.
(b) His family.
(c) His politics.
(d) His sexuality.
3. Why does Eliades say he wants to have dinner with James in Chapter 10?
(a) To see how his Greek is doing.
(b) To discuss politics.
(c) To look into a job at the Northeast Group.
(d) To inquire after the Maitlands.
4. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
5. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
(a) An old man.
(b) A homeless woman.
(c) A German tourist.
(d) A crippled boy.
6. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
7. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They both have the flu.
(b) They are romantically involved.
(c) They refuse to talk to each other.
(d) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
8. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
(a) Ronald Reagan.
(b) Greek riots.
(c) The World Cup.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 13, how does James decide his son's life in British Columbia must be?
10. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is leaving Greece.
(b) Hardeman has died.
(c) Her son is getting married.
(d) Charles has a new job.
11. Which of the following characters is definitely a member of the cult?
12. On what topic does Sigh repeatedly expound in the Chapter 12?
(a) American foreign policy.
(b) Life and death.
(c) The desert.
(d) The Hindu firmament.
13. What does the A in Tap stand for?
14. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(b) Ann Maitland.
(d) David Keller.
15. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 9, what does Volterra tell Andahl is James' profession?
4. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)