|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
(a) A documentary.
(b) A lecture.
(c) A book.
(d) A play.
2. What is the primary feature of the village of Hawa Mandir?
(a) Strip malls.
(b) Palm trees.
(c) Stone huts.
3. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
4. In Chapter 13, what does James admit to Lindsay Keller that he has never done?
(a) Been to Paris.
(b) Given himself to someone.
(c) Liked himself.
(d) Punched another person.
5. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(d) Rampant sin.
6. On what topic does Sigh repeatedly expound in the Chapter 12?
(a) The desert.
(b) American foreign policy.
(c) The Hindu firmament.
(d) Life and death.
7. What news does Ann Maitland give James when she has dinner with James in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She is leaving Greece.
(b) Her son is getting married.
(c) Hardeman has died.
(d) Charles has a new job.
8. In Chapter 9, what positive attribute does Del Nearing mention regarding Volterra?
(a) His generosity.
(b) His artistry.
(c) His empathy.
(d) His loyalty.
9. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
(a) Making it louder.
(b) Making it more exciting.
(c) Making is dumber.
(d) Making it bigger.
10. What does Owen admit he failed to learn about the cult in Chapter 12?
(a) Their leader.
(b) Their origins.
(c) Their methodology.
(d) Their name.
11. Who is Hardeman?
(a) Another Northeast Group analyst.
(b) Ann Maitland's lover.
(c) An embassy worker.
(d) A worker on Owen's dig.
12. Whom does James tell he is resigning in Chapter 13?
(c) Mrs. Helen.
13. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
14. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(b) The clear blue sky.
(c) His shoes.
15. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
4. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
5. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)