|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads James to Owen's place in Lahore at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Owen's assistant.
(b) Two young boys.
(c) Anand Das.
(d) His driver.
2. What do the Keller's and James attempt to do to Hardeman after he passes out in Chapter 11?
(a) Take his money and passport.
(b) Leave him in the bar toilet.
(c) Leave him in a midnight movie house.
(d) Put him on an international flight.
3. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
4. How many bodies are with Owen when he is discovered at the end of Chapter 12?
5. In Chapter 13, what does James admit to Lindsay Keller that he has never done?
(a) Given himself to someone.
(b) Punched another person.
(c) Been to Paris.
(d) Liked himself.
6. What monument figures prominently in both the beginning and the end of the novel?
(a) The Colloseum.
(b) Cleopatra's Needle.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) The Acropolis.
7. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) An equinox.
(b) A harvest moon.
(c) Aurora Borealis.
(d) A solar eclipse.
8. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) His shoes.
(d) The clear blue sky.
9. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
10. What does James think of in Chapter 11 as he deals with the passed out Hardeman?
(a) Autumn on Kouros.
(b) Summer camp in rural Pennsylvania.
(c) Springs in New York.
(d) Canadian winters.
11. Whom does James tell he is resigning in Chapter 13?
(a) Mrs. Helen.
12. With what does Singh equate cities in Chapter 12?
(d) Rampant sin.
13. Why is James unable to get information from the patrons of the tavern in Chapter 8?
(a) The door to the tavern is closed.
(b) The patrons refuse to talk to him.
(c) Tap keeps interrupting him.
(d) His Greek is not good enough.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
(a) Local archeological digs.
(b) Local rock formations.
(c) Local hotels.
(d) Local eateries.
15. What false promise does Andahl make before parting ways with Volterra in Chapter 9?
(a) To let him film a ritual murder.
(b) To reveal the location of the next killing.
(c) To introduce him to his cell.
(d) To set up a meeting with the cult's leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
2. Where is Del Nearing en route to when she stays with James in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
4. In Chapter 9, what medium does Volterra say would be best for telling the cult's story?
5. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)