|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
(a) Whether he wants to show the cult killing.
(b) Whether he wants to carry a gun while filming.
(c) Whether he wants to reveal the faces of the cultists.
(d) Whether he wants to report the cult to local authorities.
2. Where is James at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 10, where does James say he is traveling instead of Kuwait?
4. What are James and Ann doing at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) Saying goodbye to Charles.
(b) Packing up his flat.
(c) Making love.
(d) Visiting the Acropolis.
5. On what topic does James engage his landlord in Chapter 10?
(b) The World Cup.
(c) Ronald Reagan.
(d) Greek riots.
6. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
(a) Bhajan Lal.
7. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
8. What is the primary feature of the village of Hawa Mandir?
(a) Stone huts.
(c) Strip malls.
(d) Palm trees.
9. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
(b) Cultural revenge.
(c) Psychosexual fantasy.
(d) Religious fervor.
10. Where in Greece does James meet with Ann and Lindsay Keller in Chapter 11?
(a) The British Consul.
(b) Ann's new apartment.
(c) An Italian restaurant.
(d) The Acropolis.
11. What does Del tell James about Volterra's intention regarding his film in Chapter 10?
(a) He is living with the cult presently.
(b) He is risking getting murdered himself.
(c) He is abandoning the project.
(d) He wants to film a murder.
12. Where is Tap Axton living at the end of the novel?
(d) British Columbia.
13. What is James doing when he hears gunshots in Chapter 13?
(a) Having lunch.
(d) Talking to Tap on the phone.
14. Who does James spend much of Chapter 13 trying to find?
(a) David Keller.
15. With what other character does Hardeman work?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
2. In Chapter 12, what does Owen look at Rajsamand Lake?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Lindsay Keller say technology is doing to the world?
4. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
5. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)