|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot in Chapter 13?
(a) David Keller.
(b) Ann Maitland.
2. What is the primary feature of the village of Hawa Mandir?
(b) Stone huts.
(c) Palm trees.
(d) Strip malls.
3. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 11, what Indian town is Owen living in?
5. Which of the following characters does not actively search for the cult in the novel?
6. What city is James in at the end of Chapter 9?
7. Which of the following is not a character that James Axton meets in person?
(a) Anand Das.
(c) Del Nearing.
8. What activity does James join David Keller in at the end of Chapter 10?
9. Which of the following characters is definitely a member of the cult?
10. In Chapter 11, the Keller's, Hardeman and James decide what is the defining characteristic that determines how history books portray rebelling individuals?
11. What does Andahl refused to divulge about the cult in Chapter 9?
(a) Its methods.
(b) Its origins.
(c) Its location.
(d) Its faith.
12. What does James do in Chapter 8 to forget about the cult one sleepless night?
(a) He solicits a prostitute.
(b) He goes to a film.
(c) He works through the night.
(d) He talks to Kathryn on the phone.
13. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
(a) They both have the flu.
(b) They refuse to talk to each other.
(c) They are deeply concerned with Charles.
(d) They are romantically involved.
14. Who tells James Owen's address in Chapter 11?
(b) Anand Dass.
15. In Chapter 13, what reason does James think Eliades have for seducing Ann?
(a) To gain US citizenship.
(b) To get closer to James.
(c) To kill Charles.
(d) To learn American customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What puts fear into James as he drives through the Mani in Chapter 8?
2. Why is James Axton in Bombay at the beginning of Chapter 11?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 8, James goes into a tavern to ask about what?
4. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
5. What does Owen admit he failed to learn about the cult in Chapter 12?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)