|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
2. What does Anand confide to James about Owen in Chapter 4?
(a) He has had more contact with the cave people than he lets on.
(b) He is sleeping with Kathryn.
(c) He has forged his academic credentials.
(d) He is continuing to run the dig to defraud the university of money.
3. What offer does James make to Charles in Chapter 4?
(a) He'll arrange a trip to Karachi for him.
(b) He'll talk to Ann for him.
(c) He'll talk to Rowser for him.
(d) He'll take him out for an evening of drinking.
4. What country is Volterra likely in, in Chapter 5?
5. Looking at the methodology of the cult in Chapter 7, James realizes that the actual murders are what?
(d) Mercy killings.
6. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
7. During their argument in Chapter 5, what does Kathryn call James?
(a) An alcoholic.
(b) A fascist.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A fool.
8. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
(a) Charles has been fired.
(b) She has been embezzling money.
(c) She speaks no Greek.
(d) She is having an affair.
9. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His balcony.
(d) His den.
10. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
(a) His relationship with Kathryn.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) The language cult.
(d) His dig.
11. According to James in Chapter 1, what does Kathryn think life should be?
(a) A dream.
(b) An education.
(c) A struggle.
(d) A vacation.
12. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
(a) A phrasebook.
(b) A map.
(c) A bottle of sunscreen.
(d) A copy of the Koran.
13. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
14. What type of church did Owen attend as a child?
15. In Chapter 2, James says that Kathryn once attacked him with what household item?
(a) A potato peeler.
(b) A letter opener.
(c) A desk lamp.
(d) A meat tenderizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
2. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
3. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
4. In Chapter 1, where does James tell Kathryn he has been doing most of his work?
5. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)