|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
(a) Their phone numbers.
(c) Personal secrets.
(d) Greeting cards.
2. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
(a) Punched an Iranian ambassador.
(b) Lost a huge sum of money at Pachinko.
(c) Walked off his own movie set.
(d) Slept with a Persian princess.
3. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
(a) She speaks no Greek.
(b) Charles has been fired.
(c) She is having an affair.
(d) She has been embezzling money.
4. In Chapter 7, where has Owen just returned from?
(a) Mountains in southern Greece.
(b) A university in Istanbul.
(c) An island in the Aegean.
(d) The Mobi Desert.
5. What is Anand's profession?
6. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
7. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
8. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
9. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) The Yule Log Festival.
(b) The Tomatina.
(c) Whit Monday.
(d) The Virgin's Feast.
10. At the end of Chapter 2, why does Owen reason that he won't be able to find his cave-dwellers again?
(a) They can navigate caves with ease.
(b) They don't want to be found.
(c) He is scared to look for them.
(d) They have moved on.
11. What has been the purpose of Volterra's recent excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) Visiting Islamic holy sites.
(b) Scouting locations for a film.
(c) Visiting a couple old mistresses.
(d) Investigating the murders.
12. Which of the following is not a tactic Kathryn used to learn Greek?
(a) Buying dictionaries.
(b) Hiring a teacher.
(c) Listening to tapes.
(d) Translating magazines.
13. How does Kathryn describe her and James' post-separation relationship in Chapter 2?
14. In Chapter 1, what does James say is the only thing he can remember in Greek?
15. What event precipitated the separation of the Axtons?
(a) Kathryn developed a drinking problem.
(b) Kathryn had a prolonged affair with Owen.
(c) James slept with one of Kathryn's friends.
(d) James insulted Kathryn's writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
2. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
3. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
4. Looking at the methodology of the cult in Chapter 7, James realizes that the actual murders are what?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)