|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What danger do Tap and James encounter when they go hiking in Chapter 5?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(d) A crazy itinerant.
2. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His balcony.
(b) His den.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) His kitchen.
3. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A weekend in Italy.
(b) A stay in Athens.
(c) A little cash to hold him over.
(d) A ride to the train station.
4. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
(a) Sleep an entire day.
(b) Catch a boat to the mainland.
(c) Follow Kathryn to the bedroom.
(d) Get another drink with Owen.
5. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
(a) The Soviet Bloc of Europe.
(b) Sub-Saharan Africa.
(c) The Middle East.
(d) French Indochina.
6. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(c) British Columbia.
7. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
(a) The United States.
8. In Chapter 2, James says that Kathryn once attacked him with what household item?
(a) A letter opener.
(b) A desk lamp.
(c) A potato peeler.
(d) A meat tenderizer.
9. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He was a recent transplant.
(b) He was mentally challenged.
(c) He has family in the Soviet Union.
(d) He used to work on the dig.
10. According to Owen in Chapter 5, what has America become?
(a) A bully.
(b) A myth.
(c) A past empire.
(d) A god.
11. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
12. Who is Del Nearing?
(a) Volterra's assistant.
(b) Volterra's translater.
(c) A Sabre tour-guide.
(d) James's lover.
13. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
14. Who else is on the bus that Volterra, James, and Del take in Chapter 6?
(a) Japanese students.
(b) Israeli military.
(c) Muslim pilgrims.
(d) Baptist missionaries.
15. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
2. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
4. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)