|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
2. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
3. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
4. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) He lost his return ticket to the States.
(b) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(c) His passport is nearly expired.
(d) He has no means of transportation.
5. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
6. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
7. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
(a) Lost a huge sum of money at Pachinko.
(b) Slept with a Persian princess.
(c) Punched an Iranian ambassador.
(d) Walked off his own movie set.
8. According to James in Chapter 1, what does Kathryn think life should be?
(a) An education.
(b) A struggle.
(c) A dream.
(d) A vacation.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
(a) Making oneself seem more important.
(b) Making marriage bearable.
(c) Making aging stop.
(d) Making travel memorable.
10. According to Owen in Chapter 5, what has America become?
(a) A god.
(b) A myth.
(c) A past empire.
(d) A bully.
11. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
(d) The United States.
12. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) The Yule Log Festival.
(b) Whit Monday.
(c) The Tomatina.
(d) The Virgin's Feast.
13. With whom does Eliades talk throughout most of dinner in Chapter 3?
(a) The Bordens.
(c) Ann Maitland.
(d) Lindsay Keller.
14. Looking at the methodology of the cult in Chapter 7, James realizes that the actual murders are what?
(c) Mercy killings.
15. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
(a) Her grievances.
(b) Her affairs.
(c) Her aspirations.
(d) Her faults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is David Keller going to be air-dropped into in Chapter 5?
2. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
4. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
5. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)