|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Wellington.
(b) A Chesterfield.
(c) An Ingersoll.
(d) A Mackintosh.
2. Why did James decline to work with Northeast Group initially?
(a) He did not want to leave Kathryn.
(b) He dislikes air travel.
(c) He did not trust Rowser.
(d) He felt he was over-qualified.
3. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
(c) The divine.
4. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
(a) A primary school.
(b) A dry cleaners.
(c) An advertising firm.
(d) A 7-11.
5. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her relationship with Owen.
(b) The importance of the dig.
(c) Tap's schooling.
(d) His feelings for her.
6. What type of church did Owen attend as a child?
7. What is Anand's profession?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
(a) Their phone numbers.
(b) Greeting cards.
(c) Personal secrets.
9. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) The Duomo.
(c) The Park Guelle.
(d) The Acropolis.
10. What attribute of the cult do Owen and James realize in Chapter 7?
(a) It is comprised only of men.
(b) It only kills during the solstice.
(c) It only travels by night.
(d) It is comprised of different cells.
11. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) James leaves early.
(b) James guesses who Ann is sleeping with.
(c) James breaks a lamp.
(d) James makes fun of Charles's baldness.
12. At the end of Chapter 1, how does James think Kathryn's attitude toward him is changing?
(a) She is becoming more pitying.
(b) She is becoming more judgmental.
(c) She is becoming more remote.
(d) She is becoming more affectionate.
13. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
(a) The Soviet Bloc of Europe.
(b) The Middle East.
(c) French Indochina.
(d) Sub-Saharan Africa.
14. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
(a) Misleading Volterra.
(b) Sleeping with Kathryn.
(c) Hating him.
(d) Purposely sabotaging the dig.
15. At the end of Chapter 2, why does Owen reason that he won't be able to find his cave-dwellers again?
(a) They have moved on.
(b) He is scared to look for them.
(c) They don't want to be found.
(d) They can navigate caves with ease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
2. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
3. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
4. What danger do Tap and James encounter when they go hiking in Chapter 5?
5. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)