|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
(c) The divine.
2. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
(a) Get another drink with Owen.
(b) Sleep an entire day.
(c) Catch a boat to the mainland.
(d) Follow Kathryn to the bedroom.
3. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(b) Making plans.
(c) Making assuptions about others.
4. What offer does James make to Charles in Chapter 4?
(a) He'll arrange a trip to Karachi for him.
(b) He'll take him out for an evening of drinking.
(c) He'll talk to Ann for him.
(d) He'll talk to Rowser for him.
5. In Chapter 4, where is Kathryn thinking of moving to with Tap?
(d) New Delhi.
6. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
(a) His relationship with Kathryn.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) His dig.
(d) The language cult.
7. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
(a) The United States.
8. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
9. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
(a) The Acropolis.
(b) The Park Guelle.
(c) The Eiffel Tower.
(d) The Duomo.
10. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) Whit Monday.
(b) The Virgin's Feast.
(c) The Yule Log Festival.
(d) The Tomatina.
11. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
(a) Her affairs.
(b) Her faults.
(c) Her grievances.
(d) Her aspirations.
12. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His den.
(d) His balcony.
13. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
(a) Tending his flower garden.
(c) Flying his plane.
(d) Rebuilding up his classic car.
14. At the end of Chapter 1, how does James think Kathryn's attitude toward him is changing?
(a) She is becoming more affectionate.
(b) She is becoming more remote.
(c) She is becoming more judgmental.
(d) She is becoming more pitying.
15. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
(a) Lost a huge sum of money at Pachinko.
(b) Punched an Iranian ambassador.
(c) Slept with a Persian princess.
(d) Walked off his own movie set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is James concerned about Tap in Chapter 1?
2. Which of the following is not a tactic Kathryn used to learn Greek?
3. In Chapter 1, where does James tell Kathryn he has been doing most of his work?
4. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 6, why does Volterra think Del should be more awed by their surroundings?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)