Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does James dream about in Chapter 6?
2. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Axton.
(c) Owen Brademas.
(d) Oedipus Rex.
3. What country is David Keller going to be air-dropped into in Chapter 5?
4. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(b) He has no means of transportation.
(c) His passport is nearly expired.
(d) He lost his return ticket to the States.
5. What scares Owen about religion?
(a) The iconography.
(b) The non-governmental hierarchy.
(c) Masses of people with the same emotion.
(d) The wars it engenders.
6. Which of the following characters admits to having never been to a famous monument in Chapter 1?
(a) Ann Maitland.
(b) Kathryn Axton.
(c) James Axton.
(d) Charles Maitland.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
(a) Making travel memorable.
(b) Making marriage bearable.
(c) Making aging stop.
(d) Making oneself seem more important.
8. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
9. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Chesterfield.
(b) An Ingersoll.
(c) A Mackintosh.
(d) A Wellington.
10. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
(a) Pretend to do work in the trenches.
(b) Read ancient stones.
(c) Teach in a comfortable university.
(d) Sleep all day long.
11. What is Anand's profession?
12. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
(a) His relationship with Kathryn.
(b) The language cult.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) His dig.
13. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(a) Making assuptions about others.
(d) Making plans.
14. What danger do Tap and James encounter when they go hiking in Chapter 5?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(c) A crazy itinerant.
15. Why is Kathryn Maitland living on the island of Kouros?
(a) Tap is attending a renowned prep school there.
(b) She is there writing her novel.
(c) He parents live there.
(d) She is workikng an archeological dig there.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
2. Why is James concerned about Tap in Chapter 1?
3. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
4. What advice does Rowser give James in Chapter 3?
5. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)