|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
2. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
(a) His American heritage.
(b) His religion.
(d) His wealth.
3. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
(d) Papyrus prints.
4. In Chapter 6, Vosdanik explains that to the cult of lonely men, words are the vessels of what?
5. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
(a) He understands the democracy of Greece.
(b) He shares goals with the remaining workers on the dig.
(c) He is still in Europe.
(d) He has friends on Kouros.
6. Who is Del Nearing?
(a) James's lover.
(b) Volterra's translater.
(c) A Sabre tour-guide.
(d) Volterra's assistant.
7. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
(a) A primary school.
(b) A 7-11.
(c) An advertising firm.
(d) A dry cleaners.
8. How does Kathryn describe her and James' post-separation relationship in Chapter 2?
9. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
11. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(b) He has no means of transportation.
(c) His passport is nearly expired.
(d) He lost his return ticket to the States.
12. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
(a) New York.
13. How do Tap, Kathryn and James travel to the dig in Chapter 2?
(a) They take a bus.
(b) They take the train.
(c) They walk.
(d) They take a cab.
14. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A weekend in Italy.
(b) A stay in Athens.
(c) A little cash to hold him over.
(d) A ride to the train station.
15. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
(a) Flying his plane.
(b) Rebuilding up his classic car.
(d) Tending his flower garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Eliades talk throughout most of dinner in Chapter 3?
2. What has been the purpose of Volterra's recent excursions in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
4. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
5. What do information do the two men in Owen's Chapter 2 story ask of him?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)