|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(c) Making plans.
(d) Making assuptions about others.
2. About whom does James dream about in Chapter 6?
3. When did Kathryn begin her work with Owen?
(a) Immediately after moving to Europe.
(b) While in college.
(c) After separating from James.
(d) Immediately after she and James were married.
4. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
5. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
(a) A map.
(b) A phrasebook.
(c) A bottle of sunscreen.
(d) A copy of the Koran.
6. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
(a) A rail map.
(b) His passport stamp.
(c) A gyro stand menu.
(d) A box of oatmeal.
7. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What location is Owen visiting when he meets the two strange men in the tomb caves?
(a) An observatory.
(b) A monastery.
(c) An arena.
(d) A citadel.
9. Why did James decline to work with Northeast Group initially?
(a) He felt he was over-qualified.
(b) He did not trust Rowser.
(c) He dislikes air travel.
(d) He did not want to leave Kathryn.
10. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
(a) He travels under assumed names.
(b) He never sits with his back to a door.
(c) He never sleeps in the same hotel room twice.
(d) He wears gloves all the time.
11. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
(a) A playground.
(b) A pear orchard.
(c) An olive grove.
(d) A cemetery.
12. Looking at the methodology of the cult in Chapter 7, James realizes that the actual murders are what?
(a) Mercy killings.
13. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
(a) Charles has been fired.
(b) She speaks no Greek.
(c) She has been embezzling money.
(d) She is having an affair.
14. Where does Volterra need to travel to meet a possible cult member in Chapter 6?
15. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His kitchen.
(b) His bedroom.
(c) His den.
(d) His balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
2. During their argument in Chapter 5, what does Kathryn call James?
3. What offer does James make to Charles in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
5. Why did Owen Brademas promote Kathryn so quickly?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)