|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
(a) A primary school.
(b) A dry cleaners.
(c) An advertising firm.
(d) A 7-11.
2. In Chapter 6, Vosdanik explains that to the cult of lonely men, words are the vessels of what?
3. What has been the purpose of Volterra's recent excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) Visiting Islamic holy sites.
(b) Investigating the murders.
(c) Scouting locations for a film.
(d) Visiting a couple old mistresses.
4. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
(a) Owen Brademas.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Oedipus Rex.
(d) James Axton.
5. After James drops Anand and Rajiv off in Chapter 4, what does Tap request they do?
(a) Get some gelato.
(b) Go home immediately.
(c) Go to the Acropolis for the sunset.
(d) Drive around a while.
6. In Chapter 7, what does James accuse Owen of doing?
(a) Hating him.
(b) Purposely sabotaging the dig.
(c) Sleeping with Kathryn.
(d) Misleading Volterra.
7. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
(a) His wealth.
(b) His American heritage.
(d) His religion.
8. In Chapter 7, where has Owen just returned from?
(a) The Mobi Desert.
(b) An island in the Aegean.
(c) Mountains in southern Greece.
(d) A university in Istanbul.
9. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A weekend in Italy.
(b) A little cash to hold him over.
(c) A stay in Athens.
(d) A ride to the train station.
10. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
11. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
(a) Punched an Iranian ambassador.
(b) Lost a huge sum of money at Pachinko.
(c) Walked off his own movie set.
(d) Slept with a Persian princess.
12. What location is Owen visiting when he meets the two strange men in the tomb caves?
(a) An observatory.
(b) An arena.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A citadel.
13. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
14. Which of the following is not a tactic Kathryn used to learn Greek?
(a) Buying dictionaries.
(b) Listening to tapes.
(c) Translating magazines.
(d) Hiring a teacher.
15. What country is David Keller going to be air-dropped into in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
2. About whom does James dream about in Chapter 6?
3. Why did James decline to work with Northeast Group initially?
4. What does Anand confide to James about Owen in Chapter 4?
5. What is the subject of Volterra's breakout documentary?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)