|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Kathryn begin her work with Owen?
(a) Immediately after she and James were married.
(b) After separating from James.
(c) While in college.
(d) Immediately after moving to Europe.
2. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
(c) The Greek mainland.
3. What event precipitated the separation of the Axtons?
(a) James slept with one of Kathryn's friends.
(b) Kathryn had a prolonged affair with Owen.
(c) Kathryn developed a drinking problem.
(d) James insulted Kathryn's writing.
4. How does Kathryn describe her and James' post-separation relationship in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(d) British Columbia.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
(a) Personal secrets.
(b) Their phone numbers.
(d) Greeting cards.
7. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
(a) A rail map.
(b) A box of oatmeal.
(c) His passport stamp.
(d) A gyro stand menu.
8. Why does Charles Maitland get angry at James at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) James leaves early.
(b) James breaks a lamp.
(c) James makes fun of Charles's baldness.
(d) James guesses who Ann is sleeping with.
9. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) He has no means of transportation.
(b) His passport is nearly expired.
(c) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(d) He lost his return ticket to the States.
10. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
11. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
(a) A map.
(b) A copy of the Koran.
(c) A phrasebook.
(d) A bottle of sunscreen.
12. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
13. What business does Volterra want to run when his film career ends?
(a) An advertising firm.
(b) A dry cleaners.
(c) A primary school.
(d) A 7-11.
14. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
(b) The United States.
15. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
(b) Papyrus prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does James say is the only thing he can remember in Greek?
2. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
3. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
4. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
5. What attribute of the cult do Owen and James realize in Chapter 7?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)