|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of his apartment is James at the end of Chapter 3?
(a) His bedroom.
(b) His den.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His balcony.
2. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) British Columbia.
3. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, why does Owen reason that he won't be able to find his cave-dwellers again?
(a) They have moved on.
(b) They don't want to be found.
(c) He is scared to look for them.
(d) They can navigate caves with ease.
5. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) He has family in the Soviet Union.
(b) He used to work on the dig.
(c) He was mentally challenged.
(d) He was a recent transplant.
6. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
7. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(b) He is jealous of Owen.
(c) He is seeing someone new.
(d) He fantasizes about her.
8. In Chapter 1, where does James tell Kathryn he has been doing most of his work?
(b) The Soviet Union.
9. In Chapter 5, where is Anand planning to go soon?
(c) The United States.
10. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
(a) A rail map.
(b) A gyro stand menu.
(c) His passport stamp.
(d) A box of oatmeal.
11. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
(a) Punched an Iranian ambassador.
(b) Slept with a Persian princess.
(c) Walked off his own movie set.
(d) Lost a huge sum of money at Pachinko.
12. Why is Kathryn Maitland living on the island of Kouros?
(a) She is workikng an archeological dig there.
(b) He parents live there.
(c) She is there writing her novel.
(d) Tap is attending a renowned prep school there.
13. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
14. At the beginning of Chapter 7, James wonders whether adultery serves what purpose?
(a) Making marriage bearable.
(b) Making aging stop.
(c) Making oneself seem more important.
(d) Making travel memorable.
15. In Chapter 1, what does James say is the only thing he can remember in Greek?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
2. What item does James buy as soon as he arrives in Amman in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
4. Who joins James and Ann at lunch at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)