|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do information do the two men in Owen's Chapter 2 story ask of him?
(a) Where he was born.
(b) Who is father was.
(c) How many languages he speaks.
(d) What his business in Matala is.
2. Which of following characters does not speak Ob?
3. In Chapter 1, where does James tell Kathryn he has been doing most of his work?
(b) The Soviet Union.
4. What city is James in at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. What country is David Keller going to be air-dropped into in Chapter 5?
6. In Chapter 2, James says that Kathryn once attacked him with what household item?
(a) A potato peeler.
(b) A letter opener.
(c) A meat tenderizer.
(d) A desk lamp.
7. In Chapter 6, why does Volterra think Del should be more awed by their surroundings?
(a) She is a Jew.
(b) She has always wanted to visit the Holy Land.
(c) She has never been outside of the States.
(d) She is high.
8. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(b) He is jealous of Owen.
(c) He fantasizes about her.
(d) He is seeing someone new.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 5, James says that people love to give Kathryn what?
(a) Greeting cards.
(b) Their phone numbers.
(c) Personal secrets.
10. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
11. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
12. In Chapter 5, what does James say that Lindsay Keller avoids doing?
(a) Making plans.
(b) Making assuptions about others.
13. When did Kathryn begin her work with Owen?
(a) After separating from James.
(b) While in college.
(c) Immediately after she and James were married.
(d) Immediately after moving to Europe.
14. In Chapter 7, Owen claims to be good at finding what when studying faith?
15. Which of the following is not a tactic Kathryn used to learn Greek?
(a) Listening to tapes.
(b) Buying dictionaries.
(c) Hiring a teacher.
(d) Translating magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
2. What country is Volterra likely in, in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Volterra talk to Owen about?
4. In Chapter 5, what has Volterra recently done that has made headlines?
5. Where was James living when Rowser first offered him a job?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)