Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Island, Chapter 1
1. What does James Axton do in Europe?
2. Why is James ridiculed by his friends in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. Describe Tap Axton.
4. How has Kathryn Axton changes since separating from James?
5. How does Kathryn rise quickly in Owen Brademas's dig?
6. What indication exists in Chapter 1 that relations are strained between James and Kathryn?
Short Essay Question - The Island, Chapter 2
7. Why does James Axton like having late-night talks with...
This section contains 785 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)