|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Prairie, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to James at the beginning of Chapter 2, what does Owen see that others do not?
(c) The divine.
2. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
(a) He understands the democracy of Greece.
(b) He is still in Europe.
(c) He has friends on Kouros.
(d) He shares goals with the remaining workers on the dig.
3. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
(a) Follow Kathryn to the bedroom.
(b) Sleep an entire day.
(c) Catch a boat to the mainland.
(d) Get another drink with Owen.
4. What does Orville Benton do in the final moments of the novel?
(a) He flees the church.
(b) He dies.
(c) He speaks in tongues.
(d) He sets fire to a bail of hay.
5. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Chesterfield.
(b) A Mackintosh.
(c) A Wellington.
(d) An Ingersoll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following is not a tactic Kathryn used to learn Greek?
3. What is different about James and Ann in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
5. In Chapter 13, Charles tells James that the Northeast Group has been giving intelligence to what group?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)