|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Desert, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
(a) A manifesto.
(b) A signature.
(c) A warning.
(d) A clue.
2. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
(a) His passport stamp.
(b) A box of oatmeal.
(c) A gyro stand menu.
(d) A rail map.
3. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
(b) The Greek mainland.
4. During their argument in Chapter 5, what does Kathryn call James?
(a) A fool.
(b) A womanizer.
(c) An alcoholic.
(d) A fascist.
5. What reason does James offer in Chapter 10 for Greece's continued buffeting by stronger powers historically?
(a) Its olive crops.
(b) Its central location.
(c) Its isolationism.
(d) Its weak military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
2. Which of the following Chapter 12 characters is grievously ill?
3. Which of the following items is among the foods James and Eliades eat in Chapter 10?
4. What unfortunate incident happens on James's second day of driving with Tap in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 7, where has Owen just returned from?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)