|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Desert, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A ride to the train station.
(b) A weekend in Italy.
(c) A little cash to hold him over.
(d) A stay in Athens.
2. With whom does Eliades talk throughout most of dinner in Chapter 3?
(b) Lindsay Keller.
(c) Ann Maitland.
(d) The Bordens.
3. In Chapter 8, what is Volterra unsure of regarding his possible documentary?
(a) Whether he wants to show the cult killing.
(b) Whether he wants to reveal the faces of the cultists.
(c) Whether he wants to report the cult to local authorities.
(d) Whether he wants to carry a gun while filming.
4. What celestial event is approaching as Owen travels to Rajsamand Lake in Chapter 12?
(a) An equinox.
(b) A solar eclipse.
(c) A harvest moon.
(d) Aurora Borealis.
5. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) The Tomatina.
(b) The Yule Log Festival.
(c) The Virgin's Feast.
(d) Whit Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does James hear that Eliades is moving?
2. Into what country is James arriving at the beginning of Book 2?
3. What attribute of the cult do Owen and James realize in Chapter 7?
4. According to Owen in Chapter 5, what has America become?
5. What country is Volterra likely in, in Chapter 5?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)