|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Mountain, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) The Yule Log Festival.
(b) The Virgin's Feast.
(c) Whit Monday.
(d) The Tomatina.
2. Who is Andahl?
(a) Kathryn's new lover.
(b) A cult member.
(c) Anand's friend.
(d) Another analyst from Northeast Group.
3. According to Andahl in Chapter 9, what were the words on the boulder?
(a) A warning.
(b) A manifesto.
(c) A signature.
(d) A clue.
4. What specific problem is Volterra having with his excursions in Chapter 6?
(a) His passport is nearly expired.
(b) Local authories don't like him investigating.
(c) He has no means of transportation.
(d) He lost his return ticket to the States.
5. In Istanbul, James marvels that his friends reduce every culture to what?
(a) An anecdote.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A cultural stereotype.
(d) A food staple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What invitation does James extend to Volterra at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Which of the following is a spook-like practice that Rowser takes in his daily life?
3. What almost happens to Volterra in the humorous personal story he tells in Chapter 9?
4. To what does Volterra attribute the cult killings at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What advice does Rowser give James in Chapter 3?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)