|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
(a) A pear orchard.
(b) A playground.
(c) An olive grove.
(d) A cemetery.
2. In Chapter 3, what trip does James discuss with Rowser?
3. What location is Owen visiting when he meets the two strange men in the tomb caves?
(a) A citadel.
(b) An arena.
(c) A monastery.
(d) An observatory.
4. Why did Owen Brademas promote Kathryn so quickly?
(a) She was sleeping with him.
(b) His workers were quitting.
(c) She thinks she is a prodigy.
(d) She helped him get a book published.
5. Where does Kathryn accept a job at the end of Chapter 5?
(d) British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event precipitated the separation of the Axtons?
2. In Istanbul, James marvels that his friends reduce every culture to what?
3. What is Anand's profession?
4. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
5. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)