|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Her relationship with Owen.
(b) Tap's schooling.
(c) The importance of the dig.
(d) His feelings for her.
2. At the end of Chapter 1, how does James think Kathryn's attitude toward him is changing?
(a) She is becoming more affectionate.
(b) She is becoming more pitying.
(c) She is becoming more remote.
(d) She is becoming more judgmental.
3. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
(a) Make love on the beach.
(b) Swim in their clothes.
(c) Drive their car off the road.
(d) Leave for Portugal on a whim.
4. Who is the inspiration for Tap's novel?
(a) Owen Brademas.
(b) Oedipus Rex.
(c) James Axton.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. How many people did Owen Brademas's dig start with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James wish he could do at the end of the night in Chapter 2?
2. In Chapter 1, where does James tell Kathryn he has been doing most of his work?
3. At dinner in Chapter 3, the expatriates decide that traveling is like collecting what?
4. How do Tap, Kathryn and James travel to the dig in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)