|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Rowser give James in Chapter 3?
(a) Invest in Greek government bonds.
(b) Get divorced as soon as possible.
(c) Stay out of Lebanon.
(d) Take a safe job in the States.
2. What does James admit to Kathryn as they walk together in Chapter 2?
(a) He is jealous of Owen.
(b) He thinks the dig is a waste.
(c) He is seeing someone new.
(d) He fantasizes about her.
3. What scares Owen about religion?
(a) The iconography.
(b) The non-governmental hierarchy.
(c) The wars it engenders.
(d) Masses of people with the same emotion.
4. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The importance of the dig.
(b) Tap's schooling.
(c) His feelings for her.
(d) Her relationship with Owen.
5. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
(a) Swim in their clothes.
(b) Leave for Portugal on a whim.
(c) Drive their car off the road.
(d) Make love on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
2. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
3. What do the dig's trenches overlap?
4. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
5. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)