|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Desert, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter 3, David and James discuss unrest in what region?
(a) Sub-Saharan Africa.
(b) The Soviet Bloc of Europe.
(c) French Indochina.
(d) The Middle East.
2. What holiday is approaching at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(b) Armistice Day.
(c) Bastille Day.
3. In Chapter 8, what does David Keller suggest he and James do in Frankfurt?
(a) Watch American football.
(b) Visit an old monastery library.
(c) Take in a symphony.
(d) Get drunk.
4. What simple fact of commonality gives Owen comfort in Chapter 2?
(a) He has friends on Kouros.
(b) He shares goals with the remaining workers on the dig.
(c) He is still in Europe.
(d) He understands the democracy of Greece.
5. What does Rowser fixate on as he talks with James in Chapter 11?
(a) The clear blue sky.
(d) His shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Kathryn give about the murder victim at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. How many items are on the list James reads to Kathryn at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What unusual thing do the Keller's do late at night in Chapter 3?
4. What does the A in Tap stand for?
5. Who is the cult's victim in Hawa Mandir?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)