|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) A Wellington.
(b) A Chesterfield.
(c) A Mackintosh.
(d) An Ingersoll.
2. In Chapter 4, James marvels that he can barely read the Greek writing on what?
(a) A rail map.
(b) His passport stamp.
(c) A box of oatmeal.
(d) A gyro stand menu.
3. What one aspect of Owen's experience are the men of his story interested in?
(b) His religion.
(c) His American heritage.
(d) His wealth.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Owen admit is the only thing he wants to do with his life?
(a) Pretend to do work in the trenches.
(b) Sleep all day long.
(c) Read ancient stones.
(d) Teach in a comfortable university.
5. What is Anand's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
2. Which of the following is not a city James says he will be visiting in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following characters admits to having never been to a famous monument in Chapter 1?
4. What does James list out in Chapter 1 to annoy Kathryn?
5. In Chapter 1, what word does Kathryn bet James that Tap knows?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)