|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Island, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a named object that Tap and James debate the meaning of in Chapter 1?
(a) An Ingersoll.
(b) A Chesterfield.
(c) A Mackintosh.
(d) A Wellington.
2. According to James in Chapter 1, what does Kathryn think life should be?
(a) A vacation.
(b) An education.
(c) A dream.
(d) A struggle.
3. About what does James needle Kathryn at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) The importance of the dig.
(c) Tap's schooling.
(d) Her relationship with Owen.
4. What religious festival do Owen, Kathryn and James discuss in Chapter 2?
(a) Whit Monday.
(b) The Yule Log Festival.
(c) The Tomatina.
(d) The Virgin's Feast.
5. What do information do the two men in Owen's Chapter 2 story ask of him?
(a) Where he was born.
(b) How many languages he speaks.
(c) What his business in Matala is.
(d) Who is father was.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Anand's profession?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, why does Owen reason that he won't be able to find his cave-dwellers again?
3. In Chapter 1, what monument do James Axton and his friends discuss?
4. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
5. At the end of Chapter 1, how does James think Kathryn's attitude toward him is changing?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)