|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Desert, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Istanbul, James marvels that his friends reduce every culture to what?
(a) A food staple.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) A cultural stereotype.
(d) An anecdote.
2. At the end of Chapter 7, what items are the Maitlands stockpiling?
(a) Papyrus prints.
3. What offer does James make to Charles in Chapter 4?
(a) He'll talk to Rowser for him.
(b) He'll arrange a trip to Karachi for him.
(c) He'll talk to Ann for him.
(d) He'll take him out for an evening of drinking.
4. What favorite activity has Charles Maitland given up on in Chapter 4?
(a) Tending his flower garden.
(b) Rebuilding up his classic car.
(d) Flying his plane.
5. What admission does Ann make to James in Chapter 4?
(a) Charles has been fired.
(b) She is having an affair.
(c) She speaks no Greek.
(d) She has been embezzling money.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, where has Owen just returned from?
2. In Chapter 7, Owen claims to be good at finding what when studying faith?
3. In Chapter 7, where does Owen intend to go when he leaves Greece?
4. In Chapter 4, where does Owen think the cave people have gone?
5. Where is Eliades living in Chapter 11?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)