The Island, Chapter 1
* James and his colleagues debate his not seeing the Acropolis.
* James visits his wife and son on Kouros.
* James wonders where Kathryn and Tap will go when the dig is over.
The Island, Chapter 2
* James, Kathryn, and Owen talk for an evening.
* Owen talks about meeting strange cave-people in Matala.
* James and Kathryn talk about their relationship.
The Island, Chapter 3
* James meets with his employer, Rowser.
* James discusses marriage with both the Maitlands and the Kellers.
* James meets Eliades at dinner.
The Island, Chapter 4
* A man is killed on Kouros.
* Kathryn is planning to move with Tap to London after the dig.
* Anand tells James Owen may be closer to the cave-dwellers than he lets on.
* Ann Maitland is having an affair.
The Island, Chapter 5
* Frank Volterra becomes interested in the language cult.
* Kathryn takes Tap to British Columbia, where she has accepted a job...
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)