Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
2. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
3. Mohegan translates to what in English?
4. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
5. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of identity in The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity. How does the author introduce this theme in the Prologue and what does she intend to prove in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the social culture of the Algonquians and their methods of communication during the war. How were military orders communicated and carried out?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the perception of King Philip's War from the English colonists who were not immediately involved in the conflict. How did colonists learn of the battles and events?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)