Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
2. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
3. Mohegan translates to what in English?
4. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
5. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social culture of the Algonquians and their methods of communication during the war. How were military orders communicated and carried out?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and works of Jill Lepore. What inspired Lepore to write The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity? How has the book been received?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of literacy in The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity. How was literacy used as a tool for the powerful throughout history?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)