|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched after the creation of Cherokee syllabary in what year?
2. What was the name of Metacomet's wife?
3. The money that ransomed Mary Rowlandson was paid by whom?
4. What was the name of King Philip's father?
5. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the use of metaphor and symbolism in the accounts of King Philip's War. How can the mindset of the Puritans be seen through these metaphors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the English colonial identity and the correlation between that identity and land. How does the author relate these concepts metaphorically?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the murder of John Sassamon and the subsequent trial of Mattashunannamo, Tobias, and Wampapaquan. How did this event contribute to the beginning of King Philip's War?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)