|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
2. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
3. When was Mary Rowlandson born?
4. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
5. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of "powwaws" and ministers in King Philip's War. How did the Puritans and the Native Americans view the religious aspects of the war?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the different theories of John Sassamon's murder. Who had the greatest motivation to murder Sassamon? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the accounts of the war written by Increase Mather and William Hubbard. How did these accounts differ?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)