Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
(d) New York.
2. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
(a) Halloween festival.
(b) Christmas festival.
(c) State fair.
(d) Thanksgiving festival.
3. Mohegan translates to what in English?
(a) "People of the wolf".
(b) "People of the Swamp".
(c) "People of the bear".
(d) "Children of the Star".
4. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) American ranging.
(b) The American West.
(c) The American Dream.
5. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
(a) May 2, 1818.
(b) March 12, 1865.
(c) September 1, 1825.
(d) May 28, 1830.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary Rowlandson's family move to Lancaster, Massachusetts?
2. How many children of Mary Rowlandson's were among the hostages taken by Native Americans?
3. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay may have been etched by what tribe of Indians who visited New England to work out land claims and made a pilgrimage to Mount Hope?
4. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
5. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)