|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The money that ransomed Mary Rowlandson was paid by whom?
(a) James Printer.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
2. Who wrote the play Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags?
(a) Richard Callicot.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) John Augustus Stone.
(d) Increase Mather.
3. How old was Metacomet's son when he was kidnapped?
4. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) American ranging.
(b) The American Dream.
(d) The American West.
5. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched after the creation of Cherokee syllabary in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
2. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
3. Jill Lepore is a professor of American history at what university?
4. Where was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags originally performed?
5. What was the name of King Philip's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after James Printer was released from captivity, as described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
2. How does the author describe the symbolism of Metamora in regard to American identity in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
3. How does the author describe the aftermath of the war for the Indians in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan? What was the cause of the majority of deaths in the war?
4. Who was Joshue Tift? What experience did he have in captivity, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
5. When was the rock thought to have been engraved in the Epilogue, The Rock?
6. What did critics say of the play Metamora? Who supported the play as propaganda for Indian Removal?
7. How does the author describe the treatment of Philip's body in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
8. How is the aftermath of the war described amongst the colonists in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
9. What debate surrounded the fate of Metacom's son, as described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
10. Who was Mary Rowlandson? What account did she write of King Philip's War?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)