|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over how many Native Americans had died during King Philip's War?
2. What was the name of King Philip's father?
3. Where was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
4. On what date was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped?
(a) March 13, 1675.
(b) February 10, 1676.
(c) September 1, 1677.
(d) February 3, 1677.
5. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched after the creation of Cherokee syllabary in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay translates from Cherokee to say what in English?
2. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched before what year, according to the author in the Epilogue?
3. When did Edwin Forrest die?
4. When did Mary Rowlandson's family move to Lancaster, Massachusetts?
5. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was the rock thought to have been engraved in the Epilogue, The Rock?
2. Who was Joshue Tift? What experience did he have in captivity, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
3. What theories does the author describe for James Printer's captivity in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
4. Why was King Philip's War resurrected during the American Revolution, as discussed in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
5. How is Metacom's memorial described in the Epilogue, The Rock? When was it discovered?
6. What does the author conclude regarding American identity in the Epilogue, The Rock?
7. What argument did John Eliot make against Indian slavery, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
8. What happened after James Printer was released from captivity, as described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
9. What does the rock symbolically represent, according to the author in the Epilogue, The Rock?
10. How does the author describe the symbolism of Metamora in regard to American identity in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)