|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Captain Church give a hand of the deceased King Philip?
(a) John Sassamon.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Richard Callicot.
(d) William Hubbard.
2. When was Andrew Jackson born?
3. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
4. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
5. When was Edwin Forrest born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jill Lepore is a contributing writer for what publication?
2. When did Mary Rowlandson die?
3. What was the name of King Philip's father?
4. Who was the husband of Mary Rowlandson?
5. Which President of the United States was Andrew Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What American actor gained fame for his portrayal of Metacom in Metamora? How is he described in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
2. Who was Mary Rowlandson? What account did she write of King Philip's War?
3. What was represented by the appearance of King Philip's head in Plymouth, as discussed in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
4. What does the author conclude regarding American identity in the Epilogue, The Rock?
5. When were Metacom's wife and child captured? Where does the author say they were taken in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
6. What issues did the colonists have with distinguishing captured Indians, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
7. How does the author describe the aftermath of the war for the Indians in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan? What was the cause of the majority of deaths in the war?
8. How is the Indian slave trade described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
9. What view did Bartholomew de Las Casas have regarding Indian slavery, as described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
10. How does the author describe the treatment of Philip's body in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)