|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched before what year, according to the author in the Epilogue?
2. When did William Charles Macready die?
3. Jill Lepore is a contributing writer for what publication?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) Writer's Weekly.
(c) National Educational Review.
(d) Art in America.
4. Cambridge University Press was granted letters patent by Henry VIII in what year?
5. Which President of the United States was Andrew Jackson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary Rowlandson was the fifth of how many children?
2. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
3. On what date was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags first performed?
4. When does the author describe the Narragansett cultural revival originating in the Epilogue?
5. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)