|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the colonists took more than how many decades to rebuild what had been destroyed from King Philip's War?
2. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
3. The white population of New England totaled about how many people at the start of King Philip's War?
4. On what date was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) June 14, 1675.
(b) March 1, 1677.
(c) July 7, 1677.
(d) May 2, 1675.
5. Who was a Christian missionary, reformer, activist for the rights of American Indians, and a leading opponent of the Indian removal policy of the United States government?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Jeremiah Evarts.
(d) Richard Callicot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Historians know little of what happened to King Philip's son except that he was sold into slavery and probably shipped where?
2. Jill Lepore is a professor of American history at what university?
3. Which President of the United States was Andrew Jackson?
4. On what date was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped?
5. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Mary Rowlandson? What account did she write of King Philip's War?
2. What theories does the author describe for James Printer's captivity in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
3. How does the author describe cultural revivals among the Indians in Epilogue, The Rock?
4. What issues did the colonists have with distinguishing captured Indians, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
5. When were Metacom's wife and child captured? Where does the author say they were taken in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
6. How does the author describe Mary Rowlandson's perspective of identity in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
7. Who was Joshue Tift? What experience did he have in captivity, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
8. What debate surrounded the fate of Metacom's son, as described in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
9. When was the rock thought to have been engraved in the Epilogue, The Rock?
10. What book did Washington Irving write about King Philip's War? How is it described in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)