|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
(a) Hanged, drawn and quartered.
(b) Execution by guillotine.
(c) Burning at the stake.
(d) Execution by Fire Marshal.
2. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) Captain Josiah Standish.
(d) John Alderman.
3. The white population of New England totaled about how many men of military age at the start of King Philip's War?
4. Jill Lepore earned a B.A. in English at what university?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Tufts University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) The University of Michigan.
5. What tribe was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped by?
(a) The Mohegan tribe.
(b) The Apache tribe.
(c) The Cherokee tribe.
(d) The Nipmuck tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jill Lepore's book, New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan, was a finalist for what award?
2. Where was William Charles Macready born?
3. What book did Mary Rowlandson write about her capture by Native Americans?
4. Edwin Forrest made his first stage appearance on November 27, 1820, at what theater?
5. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)