|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was held captive by the Narragansetts, though he was hanged and quartered for treason?
(a) James Printer.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
2. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched before what year, according to the author in the Epilogue?
3. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
4. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) New Brunswick, Canada.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) New York, NY.
5. What was the name of King Philip's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was Metacomet's wife captured by enemy forces?
2. How old was Metacomet's son when he was kidnapped?
3. The white population of New England totaled about how many men of military age at the start of King Philip's War?
4. When was Mary Rowlandson born?
5. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between the Indians and the colonists described in 1681 in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
2. Who was Joshue Tift? What experience did he have in captivity, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
3. What American actor gained fame for his portrayal of Metacom in Metamora? How is he described in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
4. How does the author describe the symbolism of Metamora in regard to American identity in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora?
5. What does the author conclude regarding American identity in the Epilogue, The Rock?
6. How is the aftermath of the war described amongst the colonists in Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan?
7. When were Metacom's wife and child captured? Where does the author say they were taken in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
8. How does the author describe Mary Rowlandson's perspective of captivity in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
9. What issues did the colonists have with distinguishing captured Indians, as discussed in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise?
10. What theories does the author describe for James Printer's captivity in Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 5, Come Go Along with Us?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)