|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary Rowlandson wrote from a fully Christian perspective and believed that being held captive was a special brand of affliction that served to increase what?
2. When was Benjamin Church born?
3. King Philip was killed on what date?
(a) August 12, 1676.
(b) November 14, 1676.
(c) August 23, 1677.
(d) May 1, 1676.
4. When did Benjamin Church die?
5. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
6. When was William Charles Macready born?
7. Where was William Charles Macready born?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) Bern, Switzerland.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York, NY.
8. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) New Brunswick, Canada.
(d) Boston, MA.
9. What was the name of King Philip's older brother, known by the English as King Alexander?
10. Jill Lepore earned a M.A. in history from what university?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Princeton University.
11. According to the author, the colonists took more than how many decades to rebuild what had been destroyed from King Philip's War?
12. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
13. How many children of Mary Rowlandson's were among the hostages taken by Native Americans?
14. Who strongly opposed selling Indians into slavery, arguing that slavery was worse than death?
(a) King Philip.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) John Eliot.
(d) Increase Mather.
15. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Cherokee confederation.
(b) The Mohave confederation.
(c) The Iroquois confederation.
(d) The Ouachita confederation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Mary Rowlandson born?
2. What was the name of Metacomet's wife?
3. When was a rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay discovered with Cherokee writing on it, according to the author in the Epilogue?
4. When did Mary Rowlandson's family move to Lancaster, Massachusetts?
5. Jill Lepore's book, New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan, was a finalist for what award?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)