|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tribe of Native Americans, in the 17th century, inhabited much of what is now Connecticut?
(a) The Ouachita people.
(b) The Cherokee people.
(c) The Blackfoot people.
(d) The Pequot people.
2. The money that ransomed Mary Rowlandson was paid by whom?
(b) James Printer.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
3. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay may have been etched by what tribe of Indians who visited New England to work out land claims and made a pilgrimage to Mount Hope?
(a) The Mohegan people.
(b) The Ouachita people.
(c) The Penobscot people.
(d) The Cherokee people.
4. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
5. When was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
6. What refers to the name of a geographical feature in an official or well-established language occurring in that area where the feature is located?
7. How many weeks of captivity did Mary Rowlandson experience before being released on ransom?
8. Bartholomew de Las Casas thought that if Indians souls could be redeemed, then they had worth and that therefore they should not be what?
9. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
10. Mary Rowlandson was the fifth of how many children?
11. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
12. King Philip was killed on what date?
(a) August 23, 1677.
(b) August 12, 1676.
(c) May 1, 1676.
(d) November 14, 1676.
13. On what date was Metacomet's wife captured by enemy forces?
(a) November 3, 1676.
(b) August 2, 1676.
(c) September 12, 1677.
(d) August 10, 1678.
14. When was William Charles Macready born?
15. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay translates from Cherokee to say what in English?
(a) "Metacomet died here".
(b) "King Philip, killer of the White Man".
(c) "Metacomet, Great Sachem".
(d) "Metacomet, Child of God".
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bartholomew de Las Casas die?
2. When did Andrew Jackson die?
3. Which President of the United States was Andrew Jackson?
4. Who strongly opposed selling Indians into slavery, arguing that slavery was worse than death?
5. When did Mary Rowlandson die?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)