|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cambridge University Press was granted letters patent by Henry VIII in what year?
2. What was the name of King Philip's older brother, known by the English as King Alexander?
3. The Mahican people were historically located in what region?
(a) Western Canada.
(b) The Delaware Valley.
(c) The Hudson Valley.
(d) The Deep South.
4. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Mohave confederation.
(b) The Ouachita confederation.
(c) The Cherokee confederation.
(d) The Iroquois confederation.
5. Several hundred native captives were tried and executed or enslaved and sold where?
(b) South Africa.
6. Where was William Charles Macready born?
(a) Bern, Switzerland.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) London, England.
7. When did William Charles Macready die?
8. How old was Metacomet's son when he was kidnapped?
9. When was Mary Rowlandson born?
10. On what date was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) July 7, 1677.
(b) May 2, 1675.
(c) June 14, 1675.
(d) March 1, 1677.
11. King Philip was killed on what date?
(a) November 14, 1676.
(b) August 23, 1677.
(c) August 12, 1676.
(d) May 1, 1676.
12. What book did Mary Rowlandson write about her capture by Native Americans?
(a) A History of New England.
(b) The Grace and Glory of Our Savior.
(c) Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians in New-England.
(d) The Sovereignty and Goodness of God.
13. On what date was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags first performed?
(a) December 12, 1833.
(b) December 15, 1829.
(c) November 30, 1802.
(d) September 16, 1922.
14. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
(a) Execution by guillotine.
(b) Burning at the stake.
(c) Hanged, drawn and quartered.
(d) Execution by Fire Marshal.
15. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
2. Where was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags originally performed?
3. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2002?
4. When did Benjamin Church die?
5. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)