|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originated the Narragansett cultural revival?
(b) King Alexander.
(d) Princess Red Wing.
2. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
3. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
4. Which tribe of Native Americans, in the 17th century, inhabited much of what is now Connecticut?
(a) The Pequot people.
(b) The Cherokee people.
(c) The Blackfoot people.
(d) The Ouachita people.
5. When did Mary Rowlandson die?
6. When did Andrew Jackson die?
7. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
(a) May 2, 1818.
(b) March 12, 1865.
(c) May 28, 1830.
(d) September 1, 1825.
8. On what date was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) May 2, 1675.
(b) July 7, 1677.
(c) June 14, 1675.
(d) March 1, 1677.
9. When was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
10. When was Andrew Jackson born?
11. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) New Brunswick, Canada.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Boston, MA.
12. When was Mary Rowlandson born?
13. Jill Lepore's book, New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan, was a finalist for what award?
(a) The Bancroft Prize in History.
(b) The Bancroft Prize in Literature.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize in Literature.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize in History.
14. Who was a Christian missionary, reformer, activist for the rights of American Indians, and a leading opponent of the Indian removal policy of the United States government?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) Richard Callicot.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) Jeremiah Evarts.
15. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) The American West.
(b) American ranging.
(c) The American Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the play Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags?
2. When was a rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay discovered with Cherokee writing on it, according to the author in the Epilogue?
3. Jill Lepore earned a Ph.D. in American Studies from what university?
4. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
5. For how much money was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)