|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Edwin Forrest die?
2. Where was Mary Rowlandson born?
(a) New York, NY.
(d) Boston, MA.
3. How many children of Mary Rowlandson's were among the hostages taken by Native Americans?
4. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
(a) Halloween festival.
(b) Christmas festival.
(c) Thanksgiving festival.
(d) State fair.
5. When was The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity published?
6. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) American ranging.
(c) The American West.
(d) The American Dream.
7. What refers to the name of a geographical feature in an official or well-established language occurring in that area where the feature is located?
8. When did Andrew Jackson die?
9. Where was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
10. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
11. What tribe was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped by?
(a) The Cherokee tribe.
(b) The Nipmuck tribe.
(c) The Mohegan tribe.
(d) The Apache tribe.
12. Who was held captive by the Narragansetts, though he was hanged and quartered for treason?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) James Printer.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
13. How old was Metacomet's son when he was kidnapped?
14. Over how many Native Americans had died during King Philip's War?
15. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the colonists took more than how many decades to rebuild what had been destroyed from King Philip's War?
2. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
3. Which President of the United States was Andrew Jackson?
4. On what date was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags first performed?
5. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay translates from Cherokee to say what in English?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)