|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) Boston, MA.
(c) New Brunswick, Canada.
(d) New York, NY.
2. The Mahican people were historically located in what region?
(a) Western Canada.
(b) The Hudson Valley.
(c) The Delaware Valley.
(d) The Deep South.
3. When did William Charles Macready die?
4. Jill Lepore earned a Ph.D. in American Studies from what university?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) The University of Michigan.
5. Cambridge University Press was granted letters patent by Henry VIII in what year?
6. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
7. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
8. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Ouachita confederation.
(b) The Mohave confederation.
(c) The Iroquois confederation.
(d) The Cherokee confederation.
9. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
10. When did Mary Rowlandson die?
11. Historians know little of what happened to King Philip's son except that he was sold into slavery and probably shipped where?
(a) To England.
(b) To the West Indes.
(c) To East Asia.
(d) To South Africa.
12. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
13. King Philip was killed on what date?
(a) August 23, 1677.
(b) August 12, 1676.
(c) May 1, 1676.
(d) November 14, 1676.
14. Mohegan translates to what in English?
(a) "Children of the Star".
(b) "People of the bear".
(c) "People of the Swamp".
(d) "People of the wolf".
15. On what date was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags first performed?
(a) December 12, 1833.
(b) December 15, 1829.
(c) September 16, 1922.
(d) November 30, 1802.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Andrew Jackson born?
2. The white population of New England totaled about how many men of military age at the start of King Philip's War?
3. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay may have been etched by what tribe of Indians who visited New England to work out land claims and made a pilgrimage to Mount Hope?
4. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2010?
5. When was Edwin Forrest born?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)