|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Ouachita confederation.
(b) The Mohave confederation.
(c) The Iroquois confederation.
(d) The Cherokee confederation.
2. When did Andrew Jackson die?
3. The white population of New England totaled about how many people at the start of King Philip's War?
4. Jill Lepore earned a B.A. in English at what university?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) The University of Michigan.
(d) Tufts University.
5. Where was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
6. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
7. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2002?
(a) A is for American: Letters and Other Characters in the Newly United States.
(b) The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party's Revolution and the Battle over American History.
(c) Encounters in the New World: A History in Documents.
(d) Blindspot: A Novel.
8. Who was the husband of Mary Rowlandson?
(a) Rev. Joseph Rowlandson.
(b) Rev. Andrew Rowlandson.
(c) Rev. James Rowlandson.
(d) Rev. Henry Rowlandson.
9. When was Andrew Jackson born?
10. What was the name of King Philip's father?
11. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay translates from Cherokee to say what in English?
(a) "Metacomet, Great Sachem".
(b) "King Philip, killer of the White Man".
(c) "Metacomet, Child of God".
(d) "Metacomet died here".
12. King Philip was killed on what date?
(a) November 14, 1676.
(b) May 1, 1676.
(c) August 12, 1676.
(d) August 23, 1677.
13. What was Andrew Jackson nicknamed because of his toughness and aggressive personality?
(a) "Old Hickory".
(b) "Big Tree".
(c) "Black Stone".
14. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2010?
(a) Blindspot: A Novel.
(b) Encounters in the New World: A History in Documents.
(c) The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party's Revolution and the Battle over American History.
(d) A is for American: Letters and Other Characters in the Newly United States.
15. What was the name of Metacomet's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
2. Who wrote the play Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags?
3. Jill Lepore's book, New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan, was a finalist for what award?
4. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
5. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched after the creation of Cherokee syllabary in what year?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)