Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
(d) New York.
2. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
(a) Halloween festival.
(b) Christmas festival.
(c) State fair.
(d) Thanksgiving festival.
3. Mohegan translates to what in English?
(a) "People of the wolf".
(b) "People of the Swamp".
(c) "People of the bear".
(d) "Children of the Star".
4. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) American ranging.
(b) The American West.
(c) The American Dream.
5. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
(a) May 2, 1818.
(b) March 12, 1865.
(c) September 1, 1825.
(d) May 28, 1830.
6. When did Mary Rowlandson's family move to Lancaster, Massachusetts?
7. How many children of Mary Rowlandson's were among the hostages taken by Native Americans?
8. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay may have been etched by what tribe of Indians who visited New England to work out land claims and made a pilgrimage to Mount Hope?
(a) The Ouachita people.
(b) The Cherokee people.
(c) The Mohegan people.
(d) The Penobscot people.
9. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
10. In what year, five years after King Philip's War ended, had many of the colonists resolved to be less violent and rash towards the Indians?
11. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched before what year, according to the author in the Epilogue?
12. Who wrote the play Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags?
(a) John Augustus Stone.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Increase Mather.
(d) Richard Callicot.
13. To whom did Captain Church give a hand of the deceased King Philip?
(a) William Hubbard.
(b) Richard Callicot.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) John Sassamon.
14. Jill Lepore earned a M.A. in history from what university?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) The University of Michigan.
(d) Harvard University.
15. On what date was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags first performed?
(a) December 15, 1829.
(b) November 30, 1802.
(c) December 12, 1833.
(d) September 16, 1922.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bartholomew de Las Casas thought that if Indians souls could be redeemed, then they had worth and that therefore they should not be what?
2. In what year did the American Revolutionary War begin?
3. According to the author, the colonists took more than how many decades to rebuild what had been destroyed from King Philip's War?
4. When was a rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay discovered with Cherokee writing on it, according to the author in the Epilogue?
5. What was the name of King Philip's father?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)