|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
2. Mary Rowlandson wrote from a fully Christian perspective and believed that being held captive was a special brand of affliction that served to increase what?
3. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
(a) New York.
4. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) New Brunswick, Canada.
(b) Philadelphia, PA.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
5. What was the name of Metacomet's wife?
6. Who strongly opposed selling Indians into slavery, arguing that slavery was worse than death?
(a) John Alderman.
(b) John Eliot.
(c) Increase Mather.
(d) King Philip.
7. Who originated the Narragansett cultural revival?
(b) King Alexander.
(d) Princess Red Wing.
8. When does the author describe the Narragansett cultural revival originating in the Epilogue?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1920s.
(d) The 1880s.
9. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) Captain Josiah Standish.
10. Over how many Native Americans had died during King Philip's War?
11. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay may have been etched by what tribe of Indians who visited New England to work out land claims and made a pilgrimage to Mount Hope?
(a) The Penobscot people.
(b) The Ouachita people.
(c) The Mohegan people.
(d) The Cherokee people.
12. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
(a) State fair.
(b) Christmas festival.
(c) Thanksgiving festival.
(d) Halloween festival.
13. Which tribe of Native Americans, in the 17th century, inhabited much of what is now Connecticut?
(a) The Ouachita people.
(b) The Pequot people.
(c) The Blackfoot people.
(d) The Cherokee people.
14. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
15. When did Andrew Jackson die?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary Rowlandson returned to Boston, she ended up encountering some Christian Indians who brought her a letter from whom?
2. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched before what year, according to the author in the Epilogue?
3. The rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay was etched after the creation of Cherokee syllabary in what year?
4. How many children of Mary Rowlandson's were among the hostages taken by Native Americans?
5. For how much money was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)