|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
(a) Captain Josiah Standish.
(b) Benjamin Church.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) Increase Mather.
2. When did Benjamin Church die?
3. How old was Metacomet's son when he was kidnapped?
4. For how much money was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) 30 pounds.
(b) 10 pounds.
(c) 20 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
5. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
(a) John Alderman.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) Captain Josiah Standish.
(d) James Wilkinson.
6. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) The American Dream.
(c) American ranging.
(d) The American West.
7. Who was held captive by the Narragansetts, though he was hanged and quartered for treason?
(a) Joshua Tift.
(b) John Hoar.
(c) Increase Mather.
(d) James Printer.
8. When did Andrew Jackson die?
9. On what date was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) July 7, 1677.
(b) June 14, 1675.
(c) May 2, 1675.
(d) March 1, 1677.
10. Who strongly opposed selling Indians into slavery, arguing that slavery was worse than death?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) John Eliot.
(d) King Philip.
11. What was the name of King Philip's older brother, known by the English as King Alexander?
12. Where was Mary Rowlandson born?
(a) New York, NY.
(b) Boston, MA.
13. When was The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity published?
14. The white population of New England totaled about how many people at the start of King Philip's War?
15. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2010?
2. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
3. The white population of New England totaled about how many men of military age at the start of King Philip's War?
4. King Philip was killed on what date?
5. Mary Rowlandson wrote from a fully Christian perspective and believed that being held captive was a special brand of affliction that served to increase what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)