|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What refers to the name of a geographical feature in an official or well-established language occurring in that area where the feature is located?
2. When was Edwin Forrest born?
3. When does the author describe the Narragansett cultural revival originating in the Epilogue?
(a) The 1880s.
(b) The 1930s.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The 1920s.
4. When was a rock on the shore of Mount Hope Bay discovered with Cherokee writing on it, according to the author in the Epilogue?
5. Where was Mary Rowlandson born?
(b) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
6. Jill Lepore is a contributing writer for what publication?
(a) National Educational Review.
(b) Writer's Weekly.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) Art in America.
7. The Five Civilized Tribes were the five Native American nations: the Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, Creek, and what?
8. The Mohawk people call themselves what, which means "people of the place of the flint"?
9. To whom did Captain Church give a hand of the deceased King Philip?
(a) William Hubbard.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) John Sassamon.
(d) Richard Callicot.
10. The white population of New England totaled about how many men of military age at the start of King Philip's War?
11. On what date was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
(a) June 14, 1675.
(b) March 1, 1677.
(c) July 7, 1677.
(d) May 2, 1675.
12. What was the name of King Philip's older brother, known by the English as King Alexander?
13. In what year did the American Revolutionary War begin?
14. What was the name of King Philip's father?
15. The Mahican people were historically located in what region?
(a) The Deep South.
(b) The Delaware Valley.
(c) The Hudson Valley.
(d) Western Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. The white population of New England totaled about how many people at the start of King Philip's War?
2. Who was the husband of Mary Rowlandson?
3. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
4. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
5. Jill Lepore is a professor of American history at what university?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)