|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of King Philip's father?
2. Bartholomew de Las Casas thought that if Indians souls could be redeemed, then they had worth and that therefore they should not be what?
3. When did William Charles Macready die?
4. Over how many colonists died during King Philip's War?
5. Mary Rowlandson wrote from a fully Christian perspective and believed that being held captive was a special brand of affliction that served to increase what?
6. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Mohave confederation.
(b) The Iroquois confederation.
(c) The Cherokee confederation.
(d) The Ouachita confederation.
7. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
8. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
(a) Christmas festival.
(b) Halloween festival.
(c) State fair.
(d) Thanksgiving festival.
9. Where was Bartholomew de Las Casas born?
10. Jill Lepore's book, New York Burning: Liberty, Slavery and Conspiracy in Eighteenth-Century Manhattan, was a finalist for what award?
(a) The Bancroft Prize in History.
(b) The Bancroft Prize in Literature.
(c) The Pulitzer Prize in Literature.
(d) The Pulitzer Prize in History.
11. Jill Lepore earned a Ph.D. in American Studies from what university?
(a) The University of Michigan.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard University.
12. Cambridge University Press was granted letters patent by Henry VIII in what year?
13. When was the Indian Removal Act signed into law?
(a) September 1, 1825.
(b) March 12, 1865.
(c) May 28, 1830.
(d) May 2, 1818.
14. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
15. Where was Edwin Forrest born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) New Brunswick, Canada.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was Metacomet's wife captured by enemy forces?
2. When did Andrew Jackson die?
3. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
4. When was Benjamin Church born?
5. What was Andrew Jackson nicknamed because of his toughness and aggressive personality?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)