|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Increase Mather was a Puritan minister who was involved with the administration of what college?
(a) Harvard College.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Boston College.
2. The colonists lost about how many men in the Great Swamp Fight?
3. When was Metacomet born?
4. When was Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians published?
5. Who served as governor of Plymouth Colony from 1673 to 1680?
(a) William Hubbard.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Richard Callicot.
(d) Josiah Winslow.
6. What has been described as a law whose content is set by nature and is thus universal?
(a) Earth Law.
(b) Human Law.
(c) The Law of Gravity.
(d) Natural Law.
7. When did the Pequot War begin?
8. In the Great Swamp Fight, it is believed that the militia killed about how many Narragansetts?
9. When was A Brief History of the War with the Indians in New-England published?
10. What was the capital city of the Massachusetts Bay colony?
11. What is the oldest municipality in New England and one of the oldest in the United States?
(b) Hope Bay.
12. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
13. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
(a) Stealing from other tribes.
(b) Growing massive gardens.
(c) Growing plantations for cotton.
(d) Hunting and fishing.
14. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
15. Where was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Cambridge, MA.
(d) Ipswich, MA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is credited with the founding of Medfield, Massachusetts?
2. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
3. The three men who were accused as the killers of Sassamon were Mattashunannamo, Tobias, and his son, who was named what?
4. Who was the first Englishman to learn the Algonquian language?
5. When was the book A Relation of the Troubles which Have Hapned in New-England by Reason of the Indians There from the Year 1614 to the Year 1675 published?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)