|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first English settlers arrived in what year, when Sassamon's parents may have welcomed them?
2. The Eighty Years' War took place when?
3. William Hubbard graduated Harvard in what year?
4. Passaconaway was believed to have been born between 1550 and when?
5. The most standard narratives of King Philip's War were published where, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
(d) New York.
6. When the Puritans came to America, the Algonquians were thought to be what?
7. Medfield, Massachusetts, was first settled in what year?
8. According to the author, the English were particularly brutal when they attacked the Narragansetts' Great Swamp on what date?
(a) November 10, 1674.
(b) December 19, 1675.
(c) August 13, 1677.
(d) September 1, 1675.
9. Where was William Hubbard born?
(a) Philadelphia, PA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) New Brunswick, Canada.
10. What were hideous to the colonists and were assigned to the Indians, according to the author?
11. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Mahican people.
(b) The Ouachita tribe.
(c) The Mohegan people.
(d) The Wampanoag people.
12. When was Increase Mather born?
13. When did Nathaniel Saltonstall die?
14. In the 1670s the powwaws of many tribes encouraged war in order to do what?
(a) Appease the gods.
(b) Preserve the Indian way of life.
(c) Purify their blood.
(d) Eradicate the colonists.
15. When was Metacomet born?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Hugo Grotius born?
2. Where was John Sassamon born?
3. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
4. How many mills in Medfield, Massachusetts, were destroyed by Native Americans during King Philip's War in 1675?
5. When was Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians published?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)