|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
2. What were the villages of Christian Indians called?
(a) Red towns.
(b) White towns.
(c) Praying towns.
(d) Bible towns.
3. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
(a) The Mohegan tribe.
(b) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(c) The Nipmuc tribe.
(d) The Narragansett tribe.
4. What standard picture of New England during the war, including landscapes of ash, farms destroyed, and bodies without heads did Nathaniel Saltonstall write?
(a) "A Brief Account of New England."
(b) "A History of the Great War."
(c) "An Account of King Philip's War."
(d) "True but Brief Account of our Losses."
5. Passaconaway is a name which translates to what in English?
(a) "Child of the Bear".
(b) "The Great Bear".
(c) "The Great Antelope".
(d) "Wolf of Night".
6. When did Hugo Grotius die?
7. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Uncas.
(b) King Philip.
(c) King Seminole.
(d) King Alexander.
8. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
9. Who is thought to have mentored John Sassamon?
(a) John Eliot.
(b) James Williams.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) Increase Mather.
10. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Wampanoag people.
(b) The Ouachita tribe.
(c) The Mahican people.
(d) The Mohegan people.
11. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
(a) November 14, 1676.
(b) September 12, 1568.
(c) December 10, 1675.
(d) March 29, 1676.
12. Where was William Hubbard born?
(a) New Brunswick, Canada.
(c) New York, NY.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
13. At what age did Hugo Grotius publish his first book?
14. According to the author, the English were particularly brutal when they attacked the Narragansetts' Great Swamp on what date?
(a) December 19, 1675.
(b) November 10, 1674.
(c) August 13, 1677.
(d) September 1, 1675.
15. What university did John Eliot attend?
(a) Jesus College, Cambridge.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Oxford College.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, is in many ways a simple tool and is often controlled by the powerful, because it can be used to change minds?
2. According to the author, many colonists found it hard to write about the war, such as what individual who felt totally devastated by his experience of the burning of Springfield?
3. What is a Protestant theological system and an approach to the Christian life and was advanced by several theologians such as Martin Bucer, Heinrich Bullinger, Peter Martyr Vermigli, and Huldrych Zwingli?
4. When did Nathaniel Saltonstall die?
5. When was the book A Relation of the Troubles which Have Hapned in New-England by Reason of the Indians There from the Year 1614 to the Year 1675 published?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)