|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say represented filth and chaos to the Puritans in Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?
(a) Eating pork.
(b) The letting of blood.
(c) Drinking alcohol.
(d) Eating chicken.
2. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
(a) September 12, 1568.
(b) November 14, 1676.
(c) March 29, 1676.
(d) December 10, 1675.
3. The most standard narratives of King Philip's War were published where, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
(b) New York.
4. Passaconaway was a powerful medicine man and sachem of what tribe?
(a) The Mohawk tribe.
(b) The Penacook tribe.
(c) The Mohegan tribe.
(d) The Cherokee tribe.
5. Passaconaway is said to have died in what year?
6. The Eighty Years' War took place when?
7. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Philip.
(b) King Alexander.
(c) King Uncas.
(d) King Seminole.
8. What, according to the author, is in many ways a simple tool and is often controlled by the powerful, because it can be used to change minds?
(b) Voting rights.
9. Where was Increase Mather born?
(a) Bern, Switzerland.
(b) Boston, MA.
(c) Dorchester, MA.
(d) London, England.
10. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
11. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
(a) The Nipmuc tribe.
(b) The Narragansett tribe.
(c) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(d) The Mohegan tribe.
12. Nathaniel Saltonstall was selected as a judge for what specific court responsible for the trial and sentence of people for the crime of witchcraft in Massachusetts during the Salem Witch Trials?
(a) Court of Anderson and Overlay.
(b) Court of Salem, Massachusetts.
(c) Court of Franklin and Boston.
(d) Court of Oyer and Terminer.
13. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Mohegan people.
(b) The Ouachita tribe.
(c) The Mahican people.
(d) The Wampanoag people.
14. According to the author, sometimes maps of New England marked English territory with small houses and churches and marked Indian territories with what?
15. When was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, many colonists found it hard to write about the war, such as what individual who felt totally devastated by his experience of the burning of Springfield?
2. Who is thought to have mentored John Sassamon?
3. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
4. According to the author, the colonists thought the powwaws received their orders from whom?
5. What university did John Eliot attend?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)