Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Mohegan people.
(b) The Mahican people.
(c) The Wampanoag people.
(d) The Ouachita tribe.
2. How many mills in Medfield, Massachusetts, were destroyed by Native Americans during King Philip's War in 1675?
3. What name refers to the mostly Puritan and Pilgrim immigrants from Great Britain who settled New England starting around 1630?
(a) The English Colonists.
(b) The British Brigade.
(c) The Spanish Colonists.
(d) The English Arrivals.
4. The three men who were accused as the killers of Sassamon were Mattashunannamo, Tobias, and his son, who was named what?
5. What was the capital city of the Massachusetts Bay colony?
6. At what age did Hugo Grotius publish his first book?
7. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
(a) Growing plantations for cotton.
(b) Stealing from other tribes.
(c) Growing massive gardens.
(d) Hunting and fishing.
8. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
9. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Philip.
(b) King Seminole.
(c) King Uncas.
(d) King Alexander.
10. When was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
11. In the 1670s the powwaws of many tribes encouraged war in order to do what?
(a) Appease the gods.
(b) Purify their blood.
(c) Eradicate the colonists.
(d) Preserve the Indian way of life.
12. Passaconaway was believed to have been born between 1550 and when?
13. According to the author, the English were particularly brutal when they attacked the Narragansetts' Great Swamp on what date?
(a) September 1, 1675.
(b) November 10, 1674.
(c) August 13, 1677.
(d) December 19, 1675.
14. Who served as governor of Plymouth Colony from 1673 to 1680?
(a) William Hubbard.
(b) Richard Callicot.
(c) John Alderman.
(d) Josiah Winslow.
15. Passaconaway is a name which translates to what in English?
(a) "Wolf of Night".
(b) "Child of the Bear".
(c) "The Great Bear".
(d) "The Great Antelope".
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Puritans came to America, the Algonquians were thought to be what?
2. What does the author say represented filth and chaos to the Puritans in Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?
3. When was Increase Mather born?
4. The colonists lost about how many men in the Great Swamp Fight?
5. Where was Increase Mather born?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)