|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Sassamon born?
(a) Near current Boston, MA.
(b) Near current Canton, MA.
(c) Near current Washington, D.C.
(d) Near current New York, NY.
2. What is a Protestant theological system and an approach to the Christian life and was advanced by several theologians such as Martin Bucer, Heinrich Bullinger, Peter Martyr Vermigli, and Huldrych Zwingli?
3. When was Increase Mather born?
4. What was the capital city of the Massachusetts Bay colony?
5. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
6. Nathaniel Saltonstall was selected as a judge for what specific court responsible for the trial and sentence of people for the crime of witchcraft in Massachusetts during the Salem Witch Trials?
(a) Court of Salem, Massachusetts.
(b) Court of Oyer and Terminer.
(c) Court of Franklin and Boston.
(d) Court of Anderson and Overlay.
7. Who wrote Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians?
(a) John Sassamon.
(b) William Hubbard.
(c) Increase Mather.
(d) John Alderman.
8. John Eliot's efforts as a missionary earned him what nickname?
(a) "Saint Eliot".
(b) "The Christian apostle".
(c) "The White apostle".
(d) "The Indian apostle".
9. One house, known as what, was burnt in King Philip's War but was rebuilt shortly thereafter near downtown Medfield, Massachusetts?
(a) The Orchard House.
(b) The Boston House.
(c) The Medfield Mansion.
(d) The Peak House.
10. The most standard narratives of King Philip's War were published where, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
(a) New York.
11. When was William Hubbard born?
12. When was Metacomet born?
13. The colonists lost about how many men in the Great Swamp Fight?
14. Increase Mather was a Puritan minister who was involved with the administration of what college?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Boston College.
(d) Harvard College.
15. How many mills in Medfield, Massachusetts, were destroyed by Native Americans during King Philip's War in 1675?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Eighty Years' War took place when?
2. What were hideous to the colonists and were assigned to the Indians, according to the author?
3. William Hubbard graduated Harvard in what year?
4. According to the author, the English were particularly brutal when they attacked the Narragansetts' Great Swamp on what date?
5. At what age did Hugo Grotius publish his first book?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)