Short Answer Key
1. In the Prologue, the author describes King Philip's War as being almost over in what year?
2. What is defined as an uncivilized or barbaric state or condition?
3. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
Hunting and fishing.
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
6. When was Metacomet born?
7. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
The Wampanoag people.
8. King Philip's War began in June of what year?
9. In 1600 the Wampanoag lived primarily in what two states?
Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
10. In 1600, the population of the Wampanoag numbered approximately how many members?
11. What is the name of an Algonquian Native American tribe from Rhode...
This section contains 2,596 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)