|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, The Rock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Several hundred native captives were tried and executed or enslaved and sold where?
(c) South Africa.
2. When did Mary Rowlandson's family move to Lancaster, Massachusetts?
3. The most standard narratives of King Philip's War were published where, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
(b) New York.
4. What was Andrew Jackson nicknamed because of his toughness and aggressive personality?
(a) "Old Hickory".
(b) "Big Tree".
(c) "Black Stone".
5. What book did Jill Lepore publish in 2010?
(a) A is for American: Letters and Other Characters in the Newly United States.
(b) The Whites of Their Eyes: The Tea Party's Revolution and the Battle over American History.
(c) Encounters in the New World: A History in Documents.
(d) Blindspot: A Novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
2. According to the author in Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?, due to their great losses, many New England colonists thought God was punishing them for their failure to do what?
3. King Philip was killed on what date?
4. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
5. When the Puritans came to America, the Algonquians were thought to be what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)