|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, The Rock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who originated the Narragansett cultural revival?
(c) King Alexander.
(d) Princess Red Wing.
2. What university did John Eliot attend?
(a) Jesus College, Cambridge.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Oxford College.
3. Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags was written in what year?
4. When the Puritans came to America, the Algonquians were thought to be what?
5. Who was the first Englishman to learn the Algonquian language?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) John Eliot.
(c) John Sassamon.
(d) William Hubbard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
2. What was the name of the Algonquian language?
3. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
4. When did Edwin Forrest die?
5. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)