|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue, The Rock.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Sassamon born?
(a) Near current Boston, MA.
(b) Near current Canton, MA.
(c) Near current Washington, D.C.
(d) Near current New York, NY.
2. When Mary Rowlandson returned to Boston, she ended up encountering some Christian Indians who brought her a letter from whom?
(a) Increase Mather.
(b) John Hoar.
(c) James Printer.
(d) Joshua Tift.
3. Over how many Native Americans had died during King Philip's War?
4. William Hubbard was the pastor of the Congregational church located where?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) New York, NY.
(c) Ipswich, MA.
(d) Salem, MA.
5. The first English settlers arrived in what year, when Sassamon's parents may have welcomed them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
2. When did the Pequot War begin?
3. When did Edwin Forrest die?
4. In the Great Swamp Fight, it is believed that the militia killed about how many Narragansetts?
5. Where was Metamora; or, The Last of the Wampanoags originally performed?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)