|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Hugo Grotius publish his first book?
2. What tribe was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped by?
(a) The Apache tribe.
(b) The Cherokee tribe.
(c) The Nipmuck tribe.
(d) The Mohegan tribe.
3. When was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
4. When Mary Rowlandson returned to Boston, she ended up encountering some Christian Indians who brought her a letter from whom?
(a) James Printer.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
5. When did Hugo Grotius die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was held captive by the Narragansetts, though he was hanged and quartered for treason?
2. What is the name of an Algonquian Native American tribe from Rhode Island?
3. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
4. What university did John Eliot attend?
5. On what date was Metacomet's wife captured by enemy forces?
This section contains 161 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)