|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book did Mary Rowlandson write about her capture by Native Americans?
(a) A History of New England.
(b) The Grace and Glory of Our Savior.
(c) The Sovereignty and Goodness of God.
(d) Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians in New-England.
2. Who was the husband of Mary Rowlandson?
(a) Rev. James Rowlandson.
(b) Rev. Joseph Rowlandson.
(c) Rev. Henry Rowlandson.
(d) Rev. Andrew Rowlandson.
3. What was the name of the Algonquian language?
4. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Mohegan people.
(b) The Wampanoag people.
(c) The Ouachita tribe.
(d) The Mahican people.
5. Where was Mary Rowlandson born?
(b) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Captain Church give a hand of the deceased King Philip?
2. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
3. What does the author say represented filth and chaos to the Puritans in Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?
4. How many accounts of King Philip's War represent several types of writing aimed at different audiences, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
5. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)