|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was fiercely competitive with William Hubbard and even campaigned to discredit Hubbard's account of the war?
(a) John Sassamon.
(b) William Hubbard.
(c) Richard Callicot.
(d) Increase Mather.
2. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Uncas.
(b) King Seminole.
(c) King Alexander.
(d) King Philip.
3. In 1600 the Wampanoag lived primarily in what two states?
(a) Kentucky and Delaware.
(b) New Jersey and New York.
(c) Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
(d) New York and Pennsylvania.
4. According to the author, sometimes maps of New England marked English territory with small houses and churches and marked Indian territories with what?
5. What is the oldest municipality in New England and one of the oldest in the United States?
(a) Hope Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
2. On what date was Mary Rowlandson kidnapped?
3. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
4. When was Mary Rowlandson born?
5. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)