|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The money that ransomed Mary Rowlandson was paid by whom?
(b) James Printer.
(c) John Hoar.
(d) Joshua Tift.
2. What book did William Hubbard write at the order of the Colonial government, which paid him 50 pounds for it?
(a) A History of the Northwest.
(b) A History of England.
(c) A History of New England.
(d) An Account of the Great Swamp Battle.
3. When Mary Rowlandson returned to Boston, she ended up encountering some Christian Indians who brought her a letter from whom?
(a) Joshua Tift.
(b) John Hoar.
(c) James Printer.
(d) Increase Mather.
4. Increase Mather was a Puritan minister who was involved with the administration of what college?
(a) Yale University.
(b) Harvard College.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Boston College.
5. What standard picture of New England during the war, including landscapes of ash, farms destroyed, and bodies without heads did Nathaniel Saltonstall write?
(a) "A History of the Great War."
(b) "An Account of King Philip's War."
(c) "True but Brief Account of our Losses."
(d) "A Brief Account of New England."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
2. For how much money was Mary Rowlandson ransomed?
3. Where was William Hubbard born?
4. How many houses in Medfield, Massachusetts, were destroyed by Native Americans during King Philip's War in 1675?
5. What is a Protestant theological system and an approach to the Christian life and was advanced by several theologians such as Martin Bucer, Heinrich Bullinger, Peter Martyr Vermigli, and Huldrych Zwingli?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)