|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Eliot's efforts as a missionary earned him what nickname?
(a) "The White apostle".
(b) "The Indian apostle".
(c) "The Christian apostle".
(d) "Saint Eliot".
2. The majority of the dead Native Americans and many of the colonials during the war died as the result of what?
3. What is the name of an Algonquian Native American tribe from Rhode Island?
(a) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(b) The Mohegan tribe.
(c) The Narragansett tribe.
(d) The Nipmuc tribe.
4. What is defined as an uncivilized or barbaric state or condition?
5. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
(a) The Mohegan tribe.
(b) The Nipmuc tribe.
(c) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(d) The Narragansett tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
2. Medfield, Massachusetts, was first settled in what year?
3. A Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians was published in what year?
4. The colonists considered news distributed by whom to be the least reliable, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
5. The most standard narratives of King Philip's War were published where, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)