|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
(a) Cambridge, MA.
(b) Ipswich, MA.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
2. What is defined as an uncivilized or barbaric state or condition?
3. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
(a) November 14, 1676.
(b) December 10, 1675.
(c) March 29, 1676.
(d) September 12, 1568.
4. John Eliot's efforts as a missionary earned him what nickname?
(a) "The White apostle".
(b) "The Indian apostle".
(c) "Saint Eliot".
(d) "The Christian apostle".
5. Who strongly opposed selling Indians into slavery, arguing that slavery was worse than death?
(a) John Eliot.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) King Philip.
(d) John Alderman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cambridge University Press was granted letters patent by Henry VIII in what year?
2. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
3. Passaconaway is said to have died in what year?
4. The money that ransomed Mary Rowlandson was paid by whom?
5. When was Increase Mather born?
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)