|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the husband of Mary Rowlandson?
(a) Rev. Andrew Rowlandson.
(b) Rev. James Rowlandson.
(c) Rev. Joseph Rowlandson.
(d) Rev. Henry Rowlandson.
2. What standard picture of New England during the war, including landscapes of ash, farms destroyed, and bodies without heads did Nathaniel Saltonstall write?
(a) "True but Brief Account of our Losses."
(b) "A History of the Great War."
(c) "An Account of King Philip's War."
(d) "A Brief Account of New England."
3. Where was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
(a) Cambridge, MA.
(b) Ipswich, MA.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) New York, NY.
4. When was the New World discovered by Christopher Columbus?
5. What does "bashaba" mean?
(b) Child of the shaman.
(c) Chief of chiefs.
(d) White man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What university did John Eliot attend?
2. According to the author, the colonists thought the powwaws received their orders from whom?
3. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
4. The colonists lost about how many men in the Great Swamp Fight?
5. In 1600 the Wampanoag lived primarily in what two states?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)