|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, Bondage, Chapter 6, A Dangerous Merchandise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were hideous to the colonists and were assigned to the Indians, according to the author?
2. When was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
3. Medfield, Massachusetts, was first settled in what year?
4. What, according to the author, is in many ways a simple tool and is often controlled by the powerful, because it can be used to change minds?
(c) Voting rights.
5. Nathaniel Saltonstall was selected as a judge for what specific court responsible for the trial and sentence of people for the crime of witchcraft in Massachusetts during the Salem Witch Trials?
(a) Court of Anderson and Overlay.
(b) Court of Oyer and Terminer.
(c) Court of Salem, Massachusetts.
(d) Court of Franklin and Boston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Spanish and Portuguese soldiers, explorers, and adventurers who brought much of the Americas under the control of Spain and Portugal in the 15th to 16th centuries?
2. Where were Metacomet's wife and son sent after they had been captured?
3. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
4. What is the name of an Algonquian Native American tribe from Rhode Island?
5. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)