|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is thought to have mentored John Sassamon?
(a) John Alderman.
(b) John Eliot.
(c) James Williams.
(d) Increase Mather.
2. According to the author, accounts of King Philip's War that were apocalyptic, with some being sermons, were mostly printed where?
(a) London and New York.
(b) New York.
(c) Boston and Cambridge.
(d) London and Paris.
3. When was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
4. At what age did Hugo Grotius publish his first book?
5. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Increase Mather born?
2. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
3. How many accounts of King Philip's War represent several types of writing aimed at different audiences, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
4. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
5. When was A Brief History of the War with the Indians in New-England published?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)