|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were hideous to the colonists and were assigned to the Indians, according to the author?
2. Sassamon was a Christian minister in what Indian praying town?
3. On what date did the Narragansetts attack Providence, destroying it?
(a) September 12, 1568.
(b) December 10, 1675.
(c) November 14, 1676.
(d) March 29, 1676.
4. What name refers to the mostly Puritan and Pilgrim immigrants from Great Britain who settled New England starting around 1630?
(a) The Spanish Colonists.
(b) The English Arrivals.
(c) The English Colonists.
(d) The British Brigade.
5. The colonists considered news distributed by whom to be the least reliable, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
(a) The Indians.
(b) Boston newspapers.
(c) The English.
(d) Cambridge newspapers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Nathaniel Saltonstall born?
2. John Sassamon's family died during the smallpox epidemic of what year?
3. When was Metacomet born?
4. Where was John Sassamon born?
5. When did Nathaniel Saltonstall die?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)