|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
2. In the 1670s the powwaws of many tribes encouraged war in order to do what?
(a) Appease the gods.
(b) Preserve the Indian way of life.
(c) Purify their blood.
(d) Eradicate the colonists.
3. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
4. What word means "shaman" in the language of the Narragansett?
5. Increase Mather was a Puritan minister who was involved with the administration of what college?
(a) Boston College.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Harvard College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nathaniel Saltonstall was selected as a judge for what specific court responsible for the trial and sentence of people for the crime of witchcraft in Massachusetts during the Salem Witch Trials?
2. The Eighty Years' War took place when?
3. How many accounts of King Philip's War represent several types of writing aimed at different audiences, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
4. The first English settlers arrived in what year, when Sassamon's parents may have welcomed them?
5. When was Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians published?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)