|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, War, Chapter 3, Habitations of Cruelty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Increase Mather born?
(a) London, England.
(b) Bern, Switzerland.
(c) Dorchester, MA.
(d) Boston, MA.
2. According to the author, the English were particularly brutal when they attacked the Narragansetts' Great Swamp on what date?
(a) September 1, 1675.
(b) August 13, 1677.
(c) November 10, 1674.
(d) December 19, 1675.
3. What region was the main site of conflict during King Philip's War?
(a) Southern New England.
(b) Eastern Canada.
(c) Northern New England.
(d) Northern Canada.
4. The colonists lost about how many men in the Great Swamp Fight?
5. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
(a) The Mohegan tribe.
(b) The Narragansett tribe.
(c) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(d) The Nipmuc tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. William Hubbard was the pastor of the Congregational church located where?
2. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
3. When did Nathaniel Saltonstall die?
4. William Hubbard graduated Harvard in what year?
5. What was the name of the Algonquian language?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)