|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two, War, Chapter 3, Habitations of Cruelty.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, accounts of King Philip's War that were apocalyptic, with some being sermons, were mostly printed where?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) New York.
(c) London and New York.
(d) Boston and Cambridge.
2. Where was Increase Mather born?
(a) Boston, MA.
(b) Dorchester, MA.
(c) Bern, Switzerland.
(d) London, England.
3. When did Nathaniel Saltonstall die?
4. Who was the first Englishman to learn the Algonquian language?
(a) John Eliot.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) William Hubbard.
(d) John Sassamon.
5. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
(a) The Mohegan tribe.
(b) The Narragansett tribe.
(c) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(d) The Nipmuc tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first English settlers arrived in what year, when Sassamon's parents may have welcomed them?
2. Where was John Sassamon born?
3. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
4. Who was fiercely competitive with William Hubbard and even campaigned to discredit Hubbard's account of the war?
5. The colonists considered news distributed by whom to be the least reliable, according to the author in Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)