|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Language, Chapter 1, Beware of Any Linguist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first English settlers arrived in what year, when Sassamon's parents may have welcomed them?
2. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
(a) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(b) The Narragansett tribe.
(c) The Mohegan tribe.
(d) The Nipmuc tribe.
3. In the Prologue, the author describes King Philip's War as being almost over in what year?
4. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
5. What is the oldest municipality in New England and one of the oldest in the United States?
(c) Hope Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
2. Where was John Sassamon born?
3. John Sassamon's family died during the smallpox epidemic of what year?
4. What region was the main site of conflict during King Philip's War?
5. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)