|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Language, Chapter 1, Beware of Any Linguist.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
2. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
3. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
4. Who served as governor of Plymouth Colony from 1673 to 1680?
(a) Richard Callicot.
(b) Josiah Winslow.
(c) William Hubbard.
(d) John Alderman.
5. What was the capital city of the Massachusetts Bay colony?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of a group of Algonquian Indians native to Worcester County, Massachusetts?
2. King Philip's War began in June of what year?
3. Sassamon was a Christian minister in what Indian praying town?
4. What was the name of the Algonquian language?
5. When was Metacomet born?
This section contains 131 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)