|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 8, The Curse of Metamora.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1600, the population of the Wampanoag numbered approximately how many members?
2. What book did William Hubbard write at the order of the Colonial government, which paid him 50 pounds for it?
(a) An Account of the Great Swamp Battle.
(b) A History of New England.
(c) A History of England.
(d) A History of the Northwest.
3. When was Hugo Grotius born?
4. In the Great Swamp Fight, it is believed that the militia killed about how many Narragansetts?
5. Historians know little of what happened to King Philip's son except that he was sold into slavery and probably shipped where?
(a) To South Africa.
(b) To East Asia.
(c) To England.
(d) To the West Indes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Edwin Forrest die?
2. What was Andrew Jackson nicknamed because of his toughness and aggressive personality?
3. What does "bashaba" mean?
4. Who wrote Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians?
5. When did the Pequot War begin?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)