|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Increase Mather born?
2. It is very likely that John Sassamon was adopted or indentured to the family of whom?
(a) William Hubbard.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Richard Callicot.
(d) Increase Mather.
3. William Hubbard graduated Harvard in what year?
4. Who was fiercely competitive with William Hubbard and even campaigned to discredit Hubbard's account of the war?
(a) Richard Callicot.
(b) Increase Mather.
(c) William Hubbard.
(d) John Sassamon.
5. What is the name of an Algonquian Native American tribe from Rhode Island?
(a) The Nipmuc tribe.
(b) The Narragansett tribe.
(c) The Pocomtuc tribe.
(d) The Mohegan tribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the capital city of the Massachusetts Bay colony?
2. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
3. Increase Mather was a Puritan minister who was involved with the administration of what college?
4. What, according to the author, is in many ways a simple tool and is often controlled by the powerful, because it can be used to change minds?
5. The witnesses who testified against Sassamon's accused killers were Patuckson and who?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)