|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Increase Mather born?
(a) Bern, Switzerland.
(b) Dorchester, MA.
(c) Boston, MA.
(d) London, England.
2. The three men who were accused as the killers of Sassamon were Mattashunannamo, Tobias, and his son, who was named what?
3. According to the author, many colonists found it hard to write about the war, such as what individual who felt totally devastated by his experience of the burning of Springfield?
(a) John Alderman.
(b) William Hubbard.
(c) Richard Callicot.
(d) John Pynchon.
4. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
(a) Hunting and fishing.
(b) Growing plantations for cotton.
(c) Stealing from other tribes.
(d) Growing massive gardens.
5. A Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians was published in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the author, is in many ways a simple tool and is often controlled by the powerful, because it can be used to change minds?
2. John Sassamon's family died during the smallpox epidemic of what year?
3. Who wrote Narrative of the Troubles with the Indians?
4. Eliot emigrated to Boston, Massachusetts, arriving on November 3 of what year?
5. John Sassamon was born circa what year?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)