|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One, Language, Chapter 2, The Story of It Printed.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. William Hubbard graduated Harvard in what year?
2. What is the oldest municipality in New England and one of the oldest in the United States?
(d) Hope Bay.
3. When was the book A Relation of the Troubles which Have Hapned in New-England by Reason of the Indians There from the Year 1614 to the Year 1675 published?
4. According to the author, accounts of King Philip's War that were apocalyptic, with some being sermons, were mostly printed where?
(a) London and Paris.
(b) London and New York.
(c) New York.
(d) Boston and Cambridge.
5. In the Prologue, the author describes King Philip's War as being almost over in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sassamon was a Christian minister in what Indian praying town?
2. King Philip's War began in June of what year?
3. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
4. What was a Native American tribe formerly inhabiting western Massachusetts, especially around the confluence of the Deerfield and Connecticut Rivers in Franklin County?
5. According to the author, many colonists found it hard to write about the war, such as what individual who felt totally devastated by his experience of the burning of Springfield?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)