|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) The American Dream.
(b) American ranging.
(c) The American West.
2. What was the name of the Indian who shot King Philip?
(a) Captain Josiah Standish.
(b) John Alderman.
(c) Benjamin Church.
(d) Increase Mather.
3. When was Hugo Grotius born?
4. The Eighty Years' War took place when?
5. The Mohawk people are the most easterly tribe of what confederation?
(a) The Ouachita confederation.
(b) The Iroquois confederation.
(c) The Mohave confederation.
(d) The Cherokee confederation.
Short Answer Questions
1. King Philip was tracked down by colony-allied Native Americans led by Captain Benjamin Church and who of the Plymouth Colony militia?
2. According to the author, many colonists found it hard to write about the war, such as what individual who felt totally devastated by his experience of the burning of Springfield?
3. Increase Mather was the youngest of how many brothers?
4. Where was Increase Mather born?
5. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)