|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Memory, Chapter 7, That Blasphemous Leviathan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Passaconaway was believed to have been born between 1550 and when?
2. Benjamin Church is considered the father of what?
(a) American ranging.
(b) The American Dream.
(c) The American West.
3. According to the author in Chapter 4, Where is Your O God?, due to their great losses, many New England colonists thought God was punishing them for their failure to do what?
(a) Remain loyal to the Crown.
(b) Kill all of the Indians.
(c) Convert the Indians to Christianity.
(d) Maintain purity.
4. When was Increase Mather born?
5. What was from 1351 a penalty in England for men convicted of high treason, although the ritual was first recorded during the reigns of King Henry III and his successor, Edward I?
(a) Burning at the stake.
(b) Execution by Fire Marshal.
(c) Hanged, drawn and quartered.
(d) Execution by guillotine.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the colonists thought the powwaws received their orders from whom?
2. When was Hugo Grotius born?
3. At what event did King Philip's head make an appearance in Plymouth following the war?
4. When did Hugo Grotius die?
5. Passaconaway is a name which translates to what in English?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)