1. In the Prologue, the author describes King Philip's War as being almost over in what year?
2. What is defined as an uncivilized or barbaric state or condition?
3. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
(a) Growing massive gardens.
(b) Hunting and fishing.
(c) Growing plantations for cotton.
(d) Stealing from other tribes.
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Seminole.
(b) King Uncas.
(c) King Philip.
(d) King Alexander.
6. When was Metacomet born?
7. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Mahican people.
(b) The Wampanoag people.
(c) The Ouachita tribe.
(d) The Mohegan people.
8. King Philip's War began in June of what year?
9. In 1600 the Wampanoag lived primarily in what two states?
(a) Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
(b) Kentucky and Delaware.
(c) New York and Pennsylvania.
(d) New Jersey and New York.
This section contains 3,415 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)