1. In the Prologue, the author describes King Philip's War as being almost over in what year?
2. What is defined as an uncivilized or barbaric state or condition?
3. Before Europeans came into contact, most Algonquian settlements lived by what means?
(a) Hunting and fishing.
(b) Growing massive gardens.
(c) Stealing from other tribes.
(d) Growing plantations for cotton.
4. What is a domed room dwelling used by certain Native American tribes?
5. The sachem Metacomet was also known by what name?
(a) King Philip.
(b) King Alexander.
(c) King Seminole.
(d) King Uncas.
6. When was Metacomet born?
7. Metacomet was a war chief or sachem of what Indian tribe?
(a) The Ouachita tribe.
(b) The Mahican people.
(c) The Wampanoag people.
(d) The Mohegan people.
8. King Philip's War began in June of what year?
9. In 1600 the Wampanoag lived primarily in what two states?
(a) Kentucky and Delaware.
(b) Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
(c) New Jersey and New York.
(d) New York and Pennsylvania.
This section contains 3,415 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)