|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adso do after his encounter in the kitchen?
(a) He eats.
(b) He traps the thief.
(c) He confesses to William.
(d) He goes after the girl.
2. For whom had the woman come the previous night in ‘Fourth Day’?
(a) The abbot.
(b) The Cellarer.
3. What is Adso’s love accused of?
(a) Being a witch.
(d) Breaking and entering.
4. What was the reason the monks who have been killed during The Name of the Rose actually died?
(a) Because they were sinners.
(b) Because they were heretics.
(c) Because they were evil.
(d) Because they had read the book.
5. What does the large group debate as a whole in ‘Fifth Day’?
(b) Jesus's laughter.
(c) Jesus's poverty.
(d) Their own faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of book does William think they are looking for in ‘Fifth Day’?
2. What does Jorge do to the book in ‘Seventh Day’?
3. What does the abbot witness Adso looking at in ‘Sxith Day’?
4. What is Adso tormented by in ‘Fourth Day’?
5. What does Adso do when he finds Jorge in ‘Seventh Day’?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who starts the fire at the abbey?
2. What code is used in Venantius’s book?
3. What signs are there that Berengar is in trouble in ‘Third Day’?
4. What might be ‘dangerous’ about the book’s form?
5. How does William protect himself from the book in ‘Seventh Day’?
6. What does William try to illustrate by talking about the river?
7. What makes the Cellarer ‘confess’?
8. Who left in ‘Sixth Day’ knows the secrets of the library?
9. In ‘Fourth Day,’ what poison might have been used on the dead monks?
10. What does William think about the relics?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)