|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What metaphor does William use in ‘Third Day’ to describe heresy?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The forest.
(c) A tree.
(d) A river.
2. What does the choir chant in ‘Sixth Day’?
(a) Hail Mary.
(b) Dies irae.
(c) The Sederunt.
(d) Ave Maria.
3. What is Benno’s new position?
(c) Assistant librarian.
4. Who will take over the duties of the Cellarer?
5. What does the abbot tell William in ‘Sixth Day’?
(a) To leave immediately.
(b) To cease his investigations.
(c) To stop bothering him.
(d) To keep trying.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom had the woman come the previous night in ‘Fourth Day’?
2. Where is Berengar found in ‘Third Day’?
3. What do William and Adso try to deduce in ‘Sixth Day’?
4. What does Adso do after his encounter in the kitchen?
5. From whom does Adso learn the story of Dolcino?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the librarian when he is done with his job?
2. What code is used in Venantius’s book?
3. What are William and Adso searching for in the laboratory in ‘Fifth Day’?
4. If William does not solve the crime, who will?
5. What are Salvatore and the Cellarer hiding in ‘Fourth Day’?
6. What might be ‘dangerous’ about the book’s form?
7. What signs are there that Berengar is in trouble in ‘Third Day’?
8. What is William’s response to the fire?
9. In ‘Fifth Day,’ who has taken the book?
10. What has happened to the abbot in ‘Seventh Day’?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)