|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Jorge’s sermon?
(a) The antichrist.
(b) Jesus's laughter.
(c) The Crucifixion.
(d) The life of the abbey.
2. What does Jorge allow William to do in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) Kill him.
(c) Read the book.
(d) Arrest him.
3. What story does William change Adso’s conception of in ‘Third Day’?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
(b) St. Francis and the birds.
(c) The crucifixion.
(d) The loaves and fishes.
4. What is the key to entering the inner room?
(a) The words on the floor.
(b) The literal key.
(c) The trap door.
(d) The words over the mirror.
5. Why does a girl in ‘Third Day’ prostitute herself?
(a) She doesn't.
(b) For food.
(c) For money.
(d) For fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ‘Fifth Day,’ where do Adso and William discover the book has gone?
2. What was the reason the monks who have been killed during The Name of the Rose actually died?
3. What does Severinus think had happened to his poison?
4. Who examines Berengar’s body with William?
5. With whom is William hostile in ‘Fourth Day’?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to the abbot in ‘Seventh Day’?
2. What are William and Adso searching for in the laboratory in ‘Fifth Day’?
3. What might be ‘dangerous’ about the book’s contents?
4. What code is used in Venantius’s book?
5. What does William try to illustrate by talking about the river?
6. What does William think about the book in Arabic?
7. What does Salvatore expect his story to inspire in Adso?
8. In ‘Fourth Day,’ what poison might have been used on the dead monks?
9. What signs are there that Berengar is in trouble in ‘Third Day’?
10. How does William think the lepers have been used?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)