|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William respond to the fire?
(a) He tries to put it out.
(b) He gets his and Adso’s things ready to go.
(c) He abandons Adso.
(d) He runs away.
2. In ‘Fifth Day,’ where do Adso and William discover the book has gone?
(a) With William.
(b) In the scriptorium.
(c) The Malachi.
(d) With Benno.
3. What is notable about Malachi’s body?
(a) He is short.
(b) His fingers are black.
(c) He is bloated.
(d) His tongue is black.
4. What does William think about Adso’s sin?
(a) That he has damned his sole.
(b) That it is understandable and maybe even useful.
(c) That he needs to do penance for it.
(d) That he doesn't care.
5. What does William do before complying with Jorge’s request in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He puts on his gloves.
(b) He makes Adso leave.
(c) He puts on his glasses.
(d) Kills Jorge.
6. What does Severinus think had happened to his poison?
(a) Adso has it.
(b) William has it.
(c) It disappeared in the accident.
(d) His assistant stole it.
7. Why is it difficult to follow Jorge in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He moves so quickly.
(b) He makes a lot of noise.
(c) He is dangerous.
(d) He has extinguished the light.
8. What was the false pattern William followed?
(a) One of chronology.
(b) The Zodiac.
(c) That of Revelations.
(d) One of geography.
9. What do the monks chant during Matins?
(a) Ave Maria.
(b) The Sederunt.
(c) Dies irae.
(d) Hail Mary.
10. What does the strange book in ‘Seventh Day’ contain?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A work by Aristotle.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The old Testament.
11. Why can’t William save the person he tries to in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He kills himself.
(b) He is all right.
(c) He has disappeared.
(d) He has already suffocated.
12. Who will take over the duties of the Librarian?
(d) The abbot.
13. Who arrives on Day Four?
(a) The heretics.
(b) The Minorites and the Pope’s men.
(c) The Franciscan group of monks.
(d) The Dominican group of monks.
14. What machine does William speak of for finding their way in ‘Third Day’?
(a) A compass.
(b) A book.
(c) A lamp.
(d) A map.
15. How did Berengar die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was crucified.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He was stabbed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who did Severinus find in his laboratory?
2. What kind of book does William think they are looking for in ‘Fifth Day’?
3. What is Benno’s new position?
4. What is different about the new visit to the library in ‘Fourth Day’?
5. In ‘Fifth Day,’ who does Bernardo think is guilty and investigate?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)