|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the false pattern William followed?
(a) That of Revelations.
(b) One of chronology.
(c) The Zodiac.
(d) One of geography.
2. What does William call Jorge in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Angle.
(c) The Prophet.
3. In ‘Fifth Day,’ where do Adso and William discover the book has gone?
(a) The Malachi.
(b) With Benno.
(c) With William.
(d) In the scriptorium.
4. What metaphor does William use in ‘Third Day’ to describe heresy?
(a) The forest.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A tree.
(d) A river.
5. What does Adso do in the kitchen in ‘Third Day’?
(a) He waits for William.
(b) He is intimate with a girl.
(c) He hides some food.
(d) He pursues the thief.
6. What does Jorge do to the book in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He hides it.
(b) He files it away.
(c) He eats it.
(d) He burns it.
7. What did William do to Venantius’s parchment?
(a) Ruined it.
(b) Lost it.
(c) Deciphered it.
(d) Burned it.
8. What does Adso do when he finds Jorge in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He jumps on him.
(b) He drops the lamp.
(c) He pushes him out the window.
(d) He steals the book.
9. What does William think about Adso’s sin?
(a) That he has damned his sole.
(b) That it is understandable and maybe even useful.
(c) That he doesn't care.
(d) That he needs to do penance for it.
10. What does William imply about relics in ‘Sixth Day’?
(a) That they are all real.
(b) That they are all at the abbey.
(c) That they are not real.
(d) That they are real, but elsewhere.
11. How is it known how Berengar died?
(a) From the evidence in his cell.
(b) From his fingers.
(c) From his swollen face.
(d) They are guessing.
12. What makes the book being looked for strange?
(a) It is in Greek.
(b) It is written in several different languages.
(c) It is invisible.
(d) It is in Arabic.
13. Who is Adso supposed to follow in ‘Fifth Day’?
(b) The abbot.
(c) The horses.
14. Why will the abbot not intervene for the condemned?
(a) He is certain of their guilt.
(b) He does not believe in their innocence.
(c) He does not want to risk losing any more prestige.
(d) He trusts Bernard Gui.
15. What does Jorge allow William to do in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) Kill him.
(c) Read the book.
(d) Arrest him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ubertino?
2. How did Berengar die?
3. What languages does the confessor in ‘Third Day’ use?
4. How does Adso awaken the monks in ‘Seventh Day’?
5. Why did Jorge kill the most recent person in ‘Seventh Day’?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)