|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What carries the flames around the abbey?
(a) The horses.
(b) The books.
(c) The wind.
(d) The men.
2. What does Adso do in reaction to his love being lost?
(a) Follows her.
(b) Makes a plea for her.
(c) He renounces all women.
(d) He laments all night.
3. What happens to Adso during the choir’s chanting in ‘Sixth Day’?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He cries.
(c) He has a vision.
(d) He talks to William.
4. What machine does William speak of for finding their way in ‘Third Day’?
(a) A compass.
(b) A book.
(c) A map.
(d) A lamp.
5. From whom does Adso learn the story of Dolcino?
(b) The cellarer.
6. How do Jorge and William refer to Aristotle?
(a) The Savior.
(b) The Profit.
(c) The Greek.
(d) The Philosopher.
7. Why is Adso frustrated intellectually in ‘Fourth Day’?
(a) Because William does not understand him.
(b) Because he cannot understand Salvatore.
(c) Because he wants to leave.
(d) Because Venantius’s parchment still makes no sense.
8. What is the subject of Jorge’s sermon?
(a) The Crucifixion.
(b) The life of the abbey.
(c) The antichrist.
(d) Jesus's laughter.
9. What inspired Adso’s vision?
(a) The girl he slept with.
(b) The Coena Cypriani.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
10. According to the monks, who was Dolcino?
(a) One of them.
(b) A heretic.
(c) A Franciscan.
(d) A Dominican.
11. In ‘Sixth Day,’ when does the abbot wish William and Adso to leave?
(a) The following morning.
(b) Whenever they wish.
(d) They do not have to leave.
12. What is unusual about Berengar’s body when it is examined?
(a) His fingers are black.
(b) His tongue is black.
(c) His fingers have been amputated.
(d) He has been beheaded.
13. How does Adso awaken the monks in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) With the bell.
(b) He has the abbot do it.
(c) One by one.
(d) By yelling.
14. What can the Cellarer not stand?
(b) Bernard Gui.
15. Why does a girl in ‘Third Day’ prostitute herself?
(a) For food.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) For money.
(d) For fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does William respond to the fire?
2. What is Adso’s love accused of?
3. Who will keep the library running in ‘Sixth Day’?
4. What does the librarian do after being librarian?
5. Where does William think to look for Berengar in ‘Third Day’?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)