|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distinction does Adso struggle with in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) Jorge and William.
(b) Heretics and Believers.
(c) Free will of God and chaos.
(d) Dominicans and Franciscans.
2. For whom had the woman come the previous night in ‘Fourth Day’?
(a) The Cellarer.
(b) The abbot.
3. With whom is William hostile in ‘Fourth Day’?
(a) The abot.
(b) Barnardo Guido.
4. What does Adso do when he finds Jorge in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He drops the lamp.
(b) He jumps on him.
(c) He steals the book.
(d) He pushes him out the window.
5. What was the false pattern William followed?
(a) The Zodiac.
(b) One of geography.
(c) One of chronology.
(d) That of Revelations.
6. What story does William change Adso’s conception of in ‘Third Day’?
(a) The crucifixion.
(b) The loaves and fishes.
(c) St. Francis and the birds.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
7. Who does William try to save in ‘Seventh Day’?
(d) The abbot.
8. What can the Cellarer not stand?
(d) Bernard Gui.
9. What do the monks chant during Matins?
(a) Ave Maria.
(b) The Sederunt.
(c) Dies irae.
(d) Hail Mary.
10. What does Adso do in reaction to his love being lost?
(a) He laments all night.
(b) Follows her.
(c) He renounces all women.
(d) Makes a plea for her.
11. What is Adso tormented by in ‘Fourth Day’?
12. Why can’t William save the person he tries to in ‘Seventh Day’?
(a) He is all right.
(b) He has disappeared.
(c) He has already suffocated.
(d) He kills himself.
13. Who confesses to Adso in ‘Third Day’?
(d) The Cellarer.
14. Who do the men find in the vault in ‘Seventh Day’?
(d) The abbot.
15. How did Berengar die?
(a) He was poisoned.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He was drowned.
(d) He was crucified.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ‘Fifth Day,’ who does Bernardo think is guilty and investigate?
2. What machine does William speak of for finding their way in ‘Third Day’?
3. What does Adso do in the kitchen in ‘Third Day’?
4. What problem does the fire present?
5. What catches fire after the library?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)