1. When did the narrator receive the manuscript?
2. When is the narrator now writing, according to the Preface?
3. To which monastery did Adso belong?
The Monastery of Melk.
4. What book cited Adso’s manuscript?
On the Use of Mirrors in the Game of Chess.
5. What language was the original work in?
6. In the Preface, what language is the current narrator writing in?
7. What 18th Century figure translated Adso’s work?
The Abbé Vallet.
8. When does Matins take place?
Between 2:30 and 3:30 a.m.
9. When does Compline take place?
Around 6 p.m.
This section contains 3,601 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)