|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which monastery did Adso belong?
(a) The Monastery of Vallé.
(b) The Monastery of Melk.
(c) The Monastery of Cluny.
(d) The Monastery of Munich.
2. In the Preface, what language is the current narrator writing in?
3. When was sunset in the Prologue?
(a) At 7 p.m.
(b) At 9 p.m.
(c) Around 4:30 p.m.
(d) At 6 p.m.
4. When does Compline take place?
(a) Before 7 p.m.
(b) Between 2:30 and 3:30a.m.
(c) Around 6 p.m.
(d) At 4:30 p.m.
5. What 18th Century figure translated Adso’s work?
(a) An anonymous source.
(b) Brother William.
(c) Victor Hugo.
(d) The Abbé Vallet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Adso writing this book?
2. Whom did William consider his master?
3. When did the narrator receive the manuscript?
4. When does Matins take place?
5. To what order did Brother William belong?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)