|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time this book was written, who was the Pope?
(a) John Paul II.
(b) Clement V.
(c) John XXII.
(d) Ignacious IV.
2. Who lives at the apostolic seat?
(a) The monks.
(b) All the bishops.
(c) The Emperor.
(d) The Pope.
3. When did the narrator receive the manuscript?
4. In the Preface, what language is the current narrator writing in?
5. When is Adso writing this book?
(a) In the mid-1350s.
(b) At the end of his life.
(c) Immediately after the events.
(d) Directly following William’s death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did William consider his master?
2. What language was the original work in?
3. To which monastery did Adso belong?
4. When does Compline take place?
5. Whom did Adso accompany on his travels?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)