|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinated William?
(a) Writing books.
2. What is the first monk Adso and William meet looking for?
(a) A horse.
(b) The abbot.
(d) A mule.
3. Why has William come to the monastery?
(a) To learn about potions.
(b) To rest.
(c) To study a manuscript.
(d) To investigate the death of Adelmo.
4. When did the narrator receive the manuscript?
5. When is Adso writing this book?
(a) In the mid-1350s.
(b) Directly following William’s death.
(c) At the end of his life.
(d) Immediately after the events.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person from the monks that the men meet in ‘First Day’?
2. When did the monks go to bed?
3. What 18th Century figure translated Adso’s work?
4. Who is Ubertino obsessed with?
5. Who is Abo?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)