|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through First Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area of the abbey is forbidden to William?
(a) The gardens.
(b) The church.
(c) The scriptorium.
(d) The library.
2. Who lives at the apostolic seat?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) All the bishops.
(c) The monks.
(d) The Pope.
3. When did the narrator receive the manuscript?
4. Who is the first person from the monks that the men meet in ‘First Day’?
(b) The abbot.
(d) The Cellarer.
5. How many people can enter the top floor of the Aedificium?
(a) Anyone can enter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Adso from originally?
2. When did the monks go to bed?
3. In what year do the events of the book take place?
4. When does Compline take place?
5. What is the first monk Adso and William meet looking for?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)