|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jothan Leebig?
2. What does Klorissa say the people of Solaria hate?
3. Who does Leebig say constantly fought?
4. Why will Daneel not allow Baley to leave the estate?
5. What does Baley question concerning Daneel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leebig say about the first law of robotics?
2. Describe Jothan Leebig.
3. Who does Baley "view" after his visit with Anselmo and what is her response to his request?
4. What does Daneel tell Baley about Aurora's fears of Solaria and his orders about Baley?
5. What does Klorissa tell Baley was they are touring the fetal farm?
6. Why does Leebig get upset during the conversation with Baley?
7. How does Leebig react to Baley calling him?
8. How does Gladia respond to seeing Baley in person and what does she tell him?
9. What does Klorissa tell Elijah about the fetus lab and what does Elijah suggest to Klorissa?
10. Who replaces Gruer and what does he tell Daneel and Baley to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Elijah is on Solaria, he is disturbed by being out under the open sky. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think Elijah finds fresh air and wind disturbing? How would you feel about it if you did not experience being out in the open very often?
2. Elijah eventually becomes overwhelmed and faints while sitting under the open sky. What in your life if it were radically different would "shake you up"? Compare the two.
3. How likely is it that in a few hundred years, Earth will be living in the manner suggested in Solaria in The Naked Sun?
Essay Topic 2
Oftentimes, a book is more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think the The Naked Sun is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 3
Klorissa also tells Elijah that the people of Solaria hate to be married. It is disgusting and unnatural and Dr. Delmarre had been working on a way to fertilize eggs so that the need for marriage would be done away with and no one would ever have to see each other again. Discuss the following:
1. What is the irony in Klorissa feeling that sexual relationships as a means of reproduction is unnatural?
2. Most cultures have their own ideas of what is natural and unnatural; children raised in a particular culture absorb those beliefs. How does that fact hinder change?
3. What do you think it would take for Solarians to become a culture based upon close human contact? Discuss fully.
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)