|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it unusual for a person from Earth to travel to Solaria?
(a) None has ever been there.
(b) It takes 20 Earth years to travel one way to Solaria.
(c) It has an atmostphere based upon nitrogen.
(d) It is at war with Earth.
2. Of what is Gladia certain?
(a) There was no one else in the President's mansion when she finds her husband.
(b) Her husband is a good man.
(c) Her husband would not have allowed anyone to "see" him.
(d) Her husband is greatly loved.
3. With what does Olivaw believe Earth inhabitants have problems?
(a) Being out in the open.
(b) He has no opinion about earth dwellers.
(c) Space travel.
(d) Planets that are hostile to robots.
4. What is the approximate population of Solaria?
5. What do the people on the Outer Worlds believe about Earthmen?
(a) That they are nasty and covered in germs.
(b) That they are to be revered as the origin of the human species.
(c) That they are culturally superior.
(d) That they are violent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Gruer as he is talking with Baley?
2. What disturbs Baley about the statistics Olivaw gives him?
3. What encases the people on Earth?
4. What does Baley want to examine?
5. What does Daneel think Gladia is trying to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Elijah want from the robot that witnesses Dr. Delmarr's death and where is the robot?
2. What is Baley's response to his orders?
3. What shocks Baley about his first communication with Gladia, and how does she explain the situation? What is Elijah's response?
4. How is the Earth encased, and how does that make Elijah feel?
5. Why does Daneel believe Gladia is naked while first "viewing" with Elijah?
6. What does Gladia tell Elijah about her relationship with her husband?
7. What does Albert reply to Baley's reluctance to accept the assignment?
8. What does Gruer tell Elijah about the murder case?
9. What does Gladia say about the murder of her husband?
10. Where is Elijah Baley at the opening of the novel and about what is he thinking?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)