|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gladia say about when she "sees" her husband?
(a) They always see each other.
(b) They see each other twice a year on national holidays.
(c) They do so when scheduled.
(d) They never see each other.
2. Where is the victim's body?
(a) It is in the morgue.
(b) They do not know what happened to the body.
(c) It is still at the victim's home.
(d) It was cremated.
3. What happens after the man is murdered?
(a) The young man kills himself.
(b) The viewer is broken.
(c) The robot is severely damged.
(d) The daughter becomes catatonic.
4. What weapon is found in the house where the human is murdered?
(a) A flechette.
(c) A sword.
(d) A mace.
5. What is the approximate population of Solaria?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many robots work on Solaria?
2. Who does Gruer think is the murderer?
3. What surprises Baley about Gladia as he is talking with her?
4. About what is Baley nervous?
5. What does Gladia ask about Baley and Olivaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who meets Elijah at Solaria and what does he realize from the meeting?
2. Describe Gladia Delmarre.
3. What is Elijah's attitude towards robots and what is the exception?
4. Discuss the laws of robotics.
5. How is the Earth encased, and how does that make Elijah feel?
6. Why do the authorities believe Gladia did not kill her husband and what does Gladia say when Elijah asks her if she did it?
7. What does Albert reply to Baley's reluctance to accept the assignment?
8. What shocks Baley about his first communication with Gladia, and how does she explain the situation? What is Elijah's response?
9. How are the farming and mining areas set apart from other Earth space?
10. Why does Daneel believe Gladia is naked while first "viewing" with Elijah?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)