|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Gladia find her husband?
(a) In disarray.
(c) With another woman.
(d) Bludgeoned to death.
2. Where is Baley traveling at the opening of the story?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. Who do the people on Solaria visit with each other?
(a) Through the tube.
(b) In person only.
(c) Through holographs.
(d) Through computer links.
4. What disturbs Baley about the statistics Olivaw gives him?
(a) The ratio of robots to humans on Solaria.
(c) The fact that the planet wastes so many resources.
(d) The way Olivaw sounds so human.
5. What does Baley think of Gladia's explanation of the difference between viewing and seeing?
(a) He does not understand the explanation.
(b) He doesn't agree with it.
(c) He thinks it very wise.
(d) He is flabbergasted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Outer Worlds are there?
2. Why does Olivaw arrange for a tube from the space ship to their car?
3. What do the people on the Outer Worlds believe about Earthmen?
4. Of what is Gladia certain?
5. Where is the victim's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks Baley about his first communication with Gladia, and how does she explain the situation? What is Elijah's response?
2. Who is the Undersecretary and what does he order Baley to do and why?
3. Describe Gladia Delmarre.
4. What does Gruer tell Elijah about the murder case?
5. Explain the difference between "viewing" and "seeing" on Solaria.
6. Where is Elijah Baley at the opening of the novel and about what is he thinking?
7. Why does Daneel believe Gladia is naked while first "viewing" with Elijah?
8. How do people on the Outer Worlds view Earthmen?
9. Who meets Elijah at Solaria and what does he realize from the meeting?
10. How is the Earth encased, and how does that make Elijah feel?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)