|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baley say he will conduct the investigation from now on?
(a) Through Olivaw.
(b) In person.
(c) Through viewing.
(d) Without informing the authorities of Solaria.
2. What does Gladia believe about marriage?
(a) That it is an outdated institution.
(b) That it should only be necessary if one wants offspring.
(c) That it is wonderful if you find the right person.
(d) That it is nasty but necessary.
3. What can't the robot remember?
(a) Who gave him the babysitting job.
(b) Why he is not programmed correctly.
(c) Where he got his information about Earth humans.
(d) Who he is registered to.
4. Why does Leebig say he recently destroyed a robot?
(a) Because it was already destroyed.
(b) Because it tried to poison him.
(c) Because it tried to take over control of his other robots.
(d) Because its parts were obsolete.
5. What does Anselmo say is unbearable?
(a) The open sky.
(b) The thought of breathing the same air as Baley.
(c) That Baley has so much to learn and Anselmo does not have the time to teach him.
(d) The fact that a murder has been committed on Solaria.
6. What shocks Klorissa?
(a) That Delmarre left the lab to her.
(b) That the fetuses are all confiscated.
(c) That there is a murder investigation over Dr. Delmarre's death.
(d) That Dr. Delmarre is dead.
7. How does Baley shock Gladia Delmarre?
(a) By asking for a face-to-face interview.
(b) By telling her he is coming over to arrest her.
(c) By asking her to have a date with him.
(d) By saying he is certain she is her husband's killer.
8. What does Baley tell Klorissa about his suspect list?
(a) That it is incomplete.
(b) That it is complete.
(c) That she is on it.
(d) That it is inaccurate.
9. What does Anselmo do regularly with Mr. Delmarre?
(a) Interview him about his marriage.
(d) Play chess.
10. What does Baley hear just before he is unaware of anything?
(a) Gladia screaming.
(b) The dog growling.
(c) Gladia's son screaming.
(d) Gladia's daughter screaming.
11. How long has it been since Gladia has talked with Leebig?
(a) Several years.
(b) The same day that Baley asks Gladia.
(c) Two days.
(d) A few months before her husband's death.
12. What does Attlebish tell Baley and Olivaw to do?
(a) Go to Gladia's home.
(b) Leave Solaria.
(c) Come to his office in person.
(d) Leave Gladia alone.
13. On what project was Dr. Delmarre working concerning robots?
(a) Creating a robot that could spank children.
(b) Creating a robot that could make its own decisions.
(c) He was not working with robots, but rather fetuses.
(d) Creating a robot that could express love to the children.
14. Where is Baley at the opening to chapter 15?
(a) Talking to Klorissa at a restaurant.
(b) Arriving at Gladia Delmarre's home.
(c) In the Spaceport.
(d) Discussing the case with Daneel at their motel room.
15. What does Baley want to prove to Daneel?
(a) That Daneel is incapable of ordering house robots.
(b) That Baley is fully human.
(c) That Baley is able to find a murderer on his own.
(d) That Baley is not fragile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the child's robot babysitter say about lesser humanoids such as Baley?
2. What does Gladia say she would have remembered if she had done?
3. Who is Corwin Attlebish?
4. What is a possible loophole to the first law of robotics?
5. What does Anselmo suddenly do while with Baley?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)