|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baley go first to start his interviewing?
(a) To see Attlebish.
(b) A Solarian sociologist.
(c) To visit the murder victim's room.
(d) To see Gladia.
2. How does Gladia treat Baley when he goes to her home?
(a) She is hostile.
(b) She is warm and friendly.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She allows him to be closer to her than did Klorissa.
3. Why does Leebig say he recently destroyed a robot?
(a) Because it tried to take over control of his other robots.
(b) Because it was already destroyed.
(c) Because its parts were obsolete.
(d) Because it tried to poison him.
4. What does Gruer say in response to Gladia's statement about Gruer?
(a) That she could have arranged the poisoning without being there.
(b) That siblings have killed each other before.
(c) That there is not way to substantiate if she knew Gruer before the murder.
(d) That she could easily find out where Gruer lives.
5. What do the people of Solaria find disgusting and unnatural?
6. What does Anselmo suddenly do while with Baley?
(a) Hits him.
(b) Screams at him.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Runs off to another room.
7. Of what does Baley accuse Attlebish?
(b) Being afraid of being next after Gruer.
(c) Accessory after the fact.
8. What does Attlebish say about Gruer?
(a) That he was about to be charged with blackmail.
(b) That he was in line for election as the President of Solaria.
(c) That he was about to be charged with embezzelment.
(d) That it is impossible that he was poisoned.
9. Why does Attlebish have to back down?
(a) Olivaw has a dispensation from the President of Solaria.
(b) Baley proves Gruer was poisoned.
(c) His boss tells him to do so.
(d) He does not want to antagonize Aurora.
10. What does Baley want to prove to Daneel?
(a) That Baley is able to find a murderer on his own.
(b) That Baley is not fragile.
(c) That Baley is fully human.
(d) That Daneel is incapable of ordering house robots.
11. What does Gladia say she would have remembered if she had done?
(a) Written a note to her husband.
(b) Killed her husband.
(c) Taken her son to the park on the day her husband is killed.
(d) Seen her lawyer the day before her husband is killed.
12. What does the child's robot babysitter say about lesser humanoids such as Baley?
(a) They reproduce too much.
(b) They are good subjects for DNA testing.
(c) They are backward in their culture.
(d) They are covered in germs and shouldn't be allowed on Solaria.
13. What does Baley believe about the first law of robotics?
(a) That it helps maintain precedence.
(b) It has been deliberately misquoted in order to hide the fact that robots can commit murder.
(c) That it is inviolate.
(d) That it is a big mistake.
14. What happens when Baley is at the fetus institute?
(a) He is nearly shot by a child with an arrow.
(b) He faints again.
(c) He sees how they cull the damaged fetuses.
(d) He examines Dr. Delmarre's desk.
15. What does Daneel say about Aurora's attitude towards Solaria?
(a) They do not understand the Solarians.
(b) They feel inferior to Solaria.
(c) They have been worried about Solaria.
(d) They feel superior to Solaria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Delmerre ensure?
2. What happens between Gladia and Leebig?
3. With what does Anselmo Quemot have difficulty when Baley is there?
4. What culture does Anselmo say Solaria resembles?
5. How does Baley keep Leebig from hanging up the viewer?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)