|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Gladia and Leebig?
(a) They have a falling out.
(b) They have an affair.
(c) They have an ongoing argument about having children.
(d) They conspire together to change the immigration laws of Solaria.
2. What does Anselmo say is unbearable?
(a) The open sky.
(b) That Baley has so much to learn and Anselmo does not have the time to teach him.
(c) The fact that a murder has been committed on Solaria.
(d) The thought of breathing the same air as Baley.
3. How does Gladia treat Baley when he goes to her home?
(a) She is warm and friendly.
(b) She allows him to be closer to her than did Klorissa.
(c) She is hostile.
(d) She is indifferent.
4. What does Klorissa Cantoro find disturbing?
(a) That Delmarre left the lab to another scientist.
(c) The idea of seeing Baley in person.
(d) That Delmarre dies without calling her.
5. What does Leebig think can cause distrust of robots?
(a) Having a robot think independently .
(b) Seeing a robot discipline a child.
(c) Seeing a robot apprehend a human criminal.
(d) Believing as Baley does about the first law.
6. How long has it been since Gladia has talked with Leebig?
(a) Two days.
(b) Several years.
(c) A few months before her husband's death.
(d) The same day that Baley asks Gladia.
7. Where is Baley at the opening to chapter 15?
(a) Discussing the case with Daneel at their motel room.
(b) In the Spaceport.
(c) Talking to Klorissa at a restaurant.
(d) Arriving at Gladia Delmarre's home.
8. How long after conception are the fetuses brought to the farm?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
9. For what had Delmarre volunteered?
(a) The position of fetal engineer.
(b) For his experiments to be used.
(d) For his DNA to be used.
10. What is a possible loophole to the first law of robotics?
(a) The robot can cause harm if its maker orders it to do so.
(b) The robot can cause harm if it is debased.
(c) There are no loopholes.
(d) A robot can cause harm if it does not know it is doing so.
11. What does Attlebish tell Baley about Gruer?
(a) He does not know Gruer.
(b) He thinks Gruer is from Aurora.
(c) That he is still alive.
(d) He is Gruer's brother and Gladia's sister.
12. What was Dr. Delmarre working on in order to eliminate marriage?
(a) Nothing; he strongly believed in marriage.
(b) A civil agreement.
(c) A way to have women create through parthenogenesis.
(d) In vitro fertilization.
13. Who does Leebig say constantly fought?
(a) Delmarre and Leebig.
(b) Gladia and LaFortier.
(c) Dr. Delmarre and Gladia.
(d) Gladia and Leebig.
14. How does Gladia dismiss the possibility that she could have harmed Gruer?
(a) That she and Gruer are siblings and she loves him.
(b) That she has no idea where Gruer lives.
(c) That she has never hear of Gruer before the first murder.
(d) That she has never been to his estate.
15. Why is Baley worn out?
(a) No reason.
(b) From talking to uncooperative people all day.
(c) From being in the open all day.
(d) He did his weekly exercises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Baley is at the fetus institute?
2. What does Baley tell several house robots to do?
3. Who is Corwin Attlebish?
4. What does Gladia believe about marriage?
5. What does Baley ask Leebig about his partnership with Dr. Delmarre?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)