|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leebig think can cause distrust of robots?
(a) Seeing a robot apprehend a human criminal.
(b) Having a robot think independently .
(c) Seeing a robot discipline a child.
(d) Believing as Baley does about the first law.
2. Why does Attlebish have to back down?
(a) Olivaw has a dispensation from the President of Solaria.
(b) He does not want to antagonize Aurora.
(c) Baley proves Gruer was poisoned.
(d) His boss tells him to do so.
3. What does Anselmo do regularly with Mr. Delmarre?
(a) Play chess.
(b) Interview him about his marriage.
4. According to Leebig, how could one get a robot to discipline a child?
(a) By enhancing the 3rd law of robotics.
(b) By erasing the first law programed into the robot.
(c) By enhancing the 2nd law of robotics.
(d) By weakening the first law programed into the robot.
5. What does Daneel say about Aurora's attitude towards Solaria?
(a) They feel superior to Solaria.
(b) They feel inferior to Solaria.
(c) They have been worried about Solaria.
(d) They do not understand the Solarians.
6. How long after conception are the fetuses brought to the farm?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
7. What is a direct violation of the first law of robotics?
(a) A robot that is able to eat and actually digest food.
(b) A robot that could express love.
(c) A robot that could make its own decisions.
(d) A robot that could spank children.
8. Why is Baley worn out?
(a) From being in the open all day.
(b) No reason.
(c) From talking to uncooperative people all day.
(d) He did his weekly exercises.
9. What does it prove if you can go your whole life on Solaria without encountering another human?
(a) That you are crazy.
(b) That you have a very high status.
(c) That you are very spiritually advanced.
(d) That you are wise.
10. How does Gladia treat Baley when he goes to her home?
(a) She allows him to be closer to her than did Klorissa.
(b) She is warm and friendly.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She is hostile.
11. Who is Jothan Leebig?
(a) The Director of the Space Terminal.
(b) The man with whom Dr. Delmarre had been working with in the area of robotics.
(c) The Planetary Governor.
(d) The coroner.
12. How long has it been since Gladia has talked with Leebig?
(a) A few months before her husband's death.
(b) Two days.
(c) Several years.
(d) The same day that Baley asks Gladia.
13. What is a possible loophole to the first law of robotics?
(a) The robot can cause harm if its maker orders it to do so.
(b) The robot can cause harm if it is debased.
(c) There are no loopholes.
(d) A robot can cause harm if it does not know it is doing so.
14. What happens when Baley is at the fetus institute?
(a) He examines Dr. Delmarre's desk.
(b) He faints again.
(c) He is nearly shot by a child with an arrow.
(d) He sees how they cull the damaged fetuses.
15. What does Attlebish say about Gruer?
(a) That he was in line for election as the President of Solaria.
(b) That it is impossible that he was poisoned.
(c) That he was about to be charged with blackmail.
(d) That he was about to be charged with embezzelment.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what does Solaria differ?
2. What is the arrow like?
3. Who does Leebig say constantly fought?
4. How does Gladia dismiss the possibility that she could have harmed Gruer?
5. What does Gruer say in response to Gladia's statement about Gruer?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)