|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't the robot remember?
(a) Why he is not programmed correctly.
(b) Who gave him the babysitting job.
(c) Where he got his information about Earth humans.
(d) Who he is registered to.
2. According to Leebig, how could one get a robot to discipline a child?
(a) By weakening the first law programed into the robot.
(b) By enhancing the 3rd law of robotics.
(c) By enhancing the 2nd law of robotics.
(d) By erasing the first law programed into the robot.
3. What does Leebig think can cause distrust of robots?
(a) Seeing a robot apprehend a human criminal.
(b) Seeing a robot discipline a child.
(c) Believing as Baley does about the first law.
(d) Having a robot think independently .
4. What does Anselmo suddenly do while with Baley?
(a) Screams at him.
(b) Hits him.
(c) Laughs at him.
(d) Runs off to another room.
5. What does Leebig say the distrust of robots is?
(b) A human disease.
6. For what had Delmarre volunteered?
(a) For his experiments to be used.
(c) The position of fetal engineer.
(d) For his DNA to be used.
7. What does Gladia do when Baley responses to her statement about Gruer?
(a) She confesses.
(b) She says she will sue Baley for defamation of character.
(c) She terminates communication.
(d) She cries.
8. What did Delmerre ensure?
(a) That term babies are healthy.
(b) That his DNA is perfect.
(c) That the DNA to create a baby belongs to the prospective parents.
(d) That his experiments are viable.
9. What was Dr. Delmarre working on in order to eliminate marriage?
(a) In vitro fertilization.
(b) A way to have women create through parthenogenesis.
(c) A civil agreement.
(d) Nothing; he strongly believed in marriage.
10. Who does Leebig say constantly fought?
(a) Dr. Delmarre and Gladia.
(b) Gladia and Leebig.
(c) Delmarre and Leebig.
(d) Gladia and LaFortier.
11. With what does Anselmo Quemot have difficulty when Baley is there?
(a) Being in the same room as Baley.
(b) Telling Baley about Solaria.
(c) Giving Baley a straight answer.
(d) Showing Baley his home.
12. Who set up homes on Solaria?
(a) A cross culture of people.
(b) An offshoot of non-human origins.
(c) Only humans who have been tested genetically to be compatible.
(d) The rich and elite.
13. What is a direct violation of the first law of robotics?
(a) A robot that could express love.
(b) A robot that could make its own decisions.
(c) A robot that could spank children.
(d) A robot that is able to eat and actually digest food.
14. What does Baley tell Klorissa about his suspect list?
(a) That it is complete.
(b) That she is on it.
(c) That it is incomplete.
(d) That it is inaccurate.
15. What does Baley talk with Gladia concerning Gruer?
(a) Who could have poisoned him.
(b) Why he allowed an unknownd human in his home.
(c) If he is capable of murder.
(d) If he knows who attempted to murder him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baley tell Gladia?
2. What do the people of Solaria find disgusting and unnatural?
3. On what project was Dr. Delmarre working concerning robots?
4. Where does Baley go first to start his interviewing?
5. What does Gladia say she would have remembered if she had done?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)