|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Gladia's husband has "seen" anyone besides herself?
(a) Two weeks earlier.
(b) Since he was a boy.
(c) About three years ago.
2. With what does Olivaw believe Earth inhabitants have problems?
(a) Being out in the open.
(b) Planets that are hostile to robots.
(c) He has no opinion about earth dwellers.
(d) Space travel.
3. Where is Baley traveling at the opening of the story?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
4. For how long has Gladia and her husband been married?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 38 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 25 years.
5. Who does Gruer think is the murderer?
(a) Gladia's nephew's wife.
(b) He has no idea.
(d) Gladia's grown son.
6. What happens to the evidence in the murder case?
(a) There is no evidence.
(b) It is in the evidence room.
(c) It is eradicated by the household robots.
(d) It is still in the murder victim's room.
7. Why is Baley ordered there?
(a) To investigate a murder.
(b) To set up a trade agreement.
(c) To bring back a criminal.
(d) To help them set up a police department.
8. Who is Albert Minnim?
(a) The President.
(b) Another detective.
(c) A robot.
(d) The Undersecretary.
9. What is said about the Outer Worlds' military power?
(a) It is non-existent.
(b) It is far superior to Earth's.
(c) It is tiny compared to earth.
(d) It is stronger than the earth in air power, but less so in infantry power.
10. What does Baley realize about the Solaria's inhabitant's attitude towards Olivaw?
(a) They are indifferent.
(b) They like robots because they do not cause trouble.
(c) They are angry that a robot is sent to their home world.
(d) They do not know he is a robot.
11. How many other humans are in the house when the murder occurs?
(a) Just the victim.
(b) 3 including the victim.
(c) Two including the victim.
(d) 6 including the victim.
12. Who works in the outside areas of Earth?
(c) Animals bred for intelligence.
(d) No one.
13. What encases the people on Earth?
(a) A titanium dome.
(b) A steel dome.
(c) A fiberglass dome.
(d) A dome of nitrogen and oxygen.
14. Of what is Gladia certain?
(a) Her husband is a good man.
(b) Her husband would not have allowed anyone to "see" him.
(c) There was no one else in the President's mansion when she finds her husband.
(d) Her husband is greatly loved.
15. From what planet is the person joining Baley?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disturbs Baley about the statistics Olivaw gives him?
2. What causes Gladia to go to her husband?
3. What are in the outside areas of Earth?
4. What happens to Gruer as he is talking with Baley?
5. What does Baley hate to see?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)