|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daneel think Gladia is trying to do?
(a) Welcome them.
(b) Make them leave the planet.
(c) Manipulate them.
(d) Make them look foolish.
2. Who is R. Daneel Olivaw?
(a) His boss's robot butler.
(b) The robot that serves Baley dinner on the ship.
(c) His son's robot science teacher.
(d) A robot with whom Baley has partnered in the past.
3. To what does Baley say he must become accustomed?
(a) Working with Olivaw again.
(b) Seeing so many robots.
(c) Being out in the open.
(d) Not seeing his wife.
4. What encases the people on Earth?
(a) A fiberglass dome.
(b) A titanium dome.
(c) A steel dome.
(d) A dome of nitrogen and oxygen.
5. How many robots work on Solaria?
6. What is important to the inhabitants of Solaria?
(a) Their family ties.
(b) Their robots.
(c) The cultural mores.
(d) The foods they produce.
7. What causes Gladia to go to her husband?
(a) He misses a scheduled "seeing."
(b) He asks her to visit him.
(c) She hears a scream.
(d) He rings for her.
8. Who is the man who meets Baley at Solaria?
(a) Professor Higgenbothan.
(b) Agent Jones.
(c) Detective Bothwell.
(d) R. Daneel Olivaw.
9. How does Baley feel about seeing Olivaw?
(a) Olivaw is not in Solaria.
10. From what planet is the person joining Baley?
11. What does the robot record?
(a) The victime acknowledging his death.
(c) The back of the head of the killer.
(d) The hand of the killer.
12. What does Gruer say about the Solarian's knowledge of humans?
(a) They have an incredible about of knowledge about humans.
(b) They think humans are evolving to a new form.
(c) They are fascinated by humans.
(d) They do not understand them.
13. What upsets Baley about the way he must question people on Solaria?
(a) That he cannot see them in person.
(b) That they only speak through mediators.
(c) That he can only speak to them one on one in person.
(d) That the tube distorts people's images.
14. Of what is Gladia certain?
(a) Her husband is a good man.
(b) Her husband would not have allowed anyone to "see" him.
(c) There was no one else in the President's mansion when she finds her husband.
(d) Her husband is greatly loved.
15. Who is Gladia?
(a) The President's wife.
(b) The wife of the murder victim.
(c) A detective on Solaria.
(d) The suspect in the murder case.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take the robots to find Gladia after she faints?
2. Who do the people on Solaria visit with each other?
3. How many Outer Worlds are there?
4. Who is Albert Minnim?
5. Who works in the outside areas of Earth?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)