|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Olivaw believe Earth inhabitants have problems?
(a) Space travel.
(b) Being out in the open.
(c) He has no opinion about earth dwellers.
(d) Planets that are hostile to robots.
2. What does Daneel think Gladia is trying to do?
(a) Make them look foolish.
(b) Welcome them.
(c) Make them leave the planet.
(d) Manipulate them.
3. Who was in the room when the victim is killed?
(a) The victim's daughter.
(b) A robot.
(c) No one.
(d) A young man.
4. Who do the people on Solaria visit with each other?
(a) In person only.
(b) Through computer links.
(c) Through holographs.
(d) Through the tube.
5. What does Albert tell Baley he must do when he goes off world?
(a) Take note of everything.
(b) Take his own rations.
(c) Get all his innoculations.
(d) Take his camera.
6. How does Baley feel about seeing Olivaw?
(a) Olivaw is not in Solaria.
7. What is important to the inhabitants of Solaria?
(a) The cultural mores.
(b) Their family ties.
(c) The foods they produce.
(d) Their robots.
8. What disturbs Baley about the statistics Olivaw gives him?
(a) The ratio of robots to humans on Solaria.
(b) The fact that the planet wastes so many resources.
(d) The way Olivaw sounds so human.
9. What does Baley ask Gladia about Gruer?
(a) Why Gruer has not made Gladia move since the murder.
(b) Who Gruer thinks murdered Gladia's husband.
(c) If Gruer has "seen" Gladia since the murder.
(d) Who Gruer thinks murdered Gladia's nephew.
10. What does Gruer say about the Solarian's knowledge of humans?
(a) They do not understand them.
(b) They think humans are evolving to a new form.
(c) They are fascinated by humans.
(d) They have an incredible about of knowledge about humans.
11. Why is Earth in trouble?
(a) There are not enough resources to feed everyone.
(b) The dome is leaking.
(c) Their social status is low.
(d) The dome is shrinking.
12. What does Gladia say about when she "sees" her husband?
(a) They do so when scheduled.
(b) They never see each other.
(c) They always see each other.
(d) They see each other twice a year on national holidays.
13. To what does Baley say he must become accustomed?
(a) Being out in the open.
(b) Not seeing his wife.
(c) Seeing so many robots.
(d) Working with Olivaw again.
14. What does Olivaw tell Bailey?
(a) The facts about Aurora.
(b) Why Baley is chosent for the investigaton.
(c) The facts of the case.
(d) The facts about Solaria.
15. Where is the victim's body?
(a) It is still at the victim's home.
(b) It was cremated.
(c) They do not know what happened to the body.
(d) It is in the morgue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Baley ordered there?
2. What are in the outside areas of Earth?
3. Of what is Gladia certain?
4. About what does Baley think on the plane?
5. Who is Hannis Gruer?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)