|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the victim's body?
(a) It is in the morgue.
(b) They do not know what happened to the body.
(c) It was cremated.
(d) It is still at the victim's home.
2. What does Baley want to examine?
(a) The robot in the room where the victim is murdered.
(b) The teleporter which was in the room where the victim is murdered.
(c) The viewer which was in the room where the victim is murdered.
(d) The young man who was in the room where the victim is murdered.
3. What does Baley realize about the Solaria's inhabitant's attitude towards Olivaw?
(a) They like robots because they do not cause trouble.
(b) They do not know he is a robot.
(c) They are angry that a robot is sent to their home world.
(d) They are indifferent.
4. What is Baley unable to do before he leaves Earth?
(a) Get a clean uniform.
(b) Say goodbye to his family.
(c) Pack his own clothing.
(d) Check out a gun.
5. What does Gladia say about when she "sees" her husband?
(a) They see each other twice a year on national holidays.
(b) They always see each other.
(c) They never see each other.
(d) They do so when scheduled.
6. How many Outer Worlds are there?
(a) Over 50.
(d) About 10.
7. Who is Gladia?
(a) The suspect in the murder case.
(b) The President's wife.
(c) The wife of the murder victim.
(d) A detective on Solaria.
8. Why does Baley think Gladia appears to Baley in the state she does?
(a) To seduce him.
(b) To influence Baley's judgement.
(c) Because she is so distraught.
(d) To make Baley admire her.
9. Why does Olivaw arrange for a tube from the space ship to their car?
(a) So Olivaw is not spotted by the port authorities.
(b) So Baley does not have to be out in the open.
(c) So as to get off the ship faster.
(d) So they can have lunch on the tube.
10. What is important to the inhabitants of Solaria?
(a) The foods they produce.
(b) Their robots.
(c) The cultural mores.
(d) Their family ties.
11. What does Baley ask Gladia concerning the murder?
(a) If she knows the killer.
(b) If she committed it.
(c) If she is protecting the killer.
(d) If she saw the killer.
12. In what state does Gladia find her husband?
(a) In disarray.
(b) With another woman.
(c) Bludgeoned to death.
13. What does Baley say about "seeing" Olivaw?
(a) He refuses to divulve that information.
(b) That they never "see" each other.
(c) That he does not understand the concept of seeing.
(d) That he and Olivaw are in the same room.
14. Who does Gruer think is the murderer?
(b) Gladia's nephew's wife.
(c) Gladia's grown son.
(d) He has no idea.
15. Why won't Olivaw open the top of the car?
(a) The car has no top.
(b) He cannot do something that may harm a human.
(c) He does not know how.
(d) The car's top is already open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the robot record?
2. What disturbs Baley about the statistics Olivaw gives him?
3. What does Daneel think Gladia is trying to do?
4. Who is the man who meets Baley at Solaria?
5. With what does Olivaw believe Earth inhabitants have problems?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)