Short Essay Questions Key
1. According to Camus, what is the one serious problem for philosophy?
2. What is Camus' attitude to Galileo?
3. What, for humanity, are the consequences of living in a world stripped of illusion?
4. Why does Camus claim that there can be no experience of death?
5. What does humanity need to do in order to understand the world?
6. What is Camus' basic criticism of phenomenology?
7. What is absurd man and how can he deal with his predicament?
8. In an absurd universe, are all actions permitted?
9. How does Camus account for the promiscuity of don Juan?
10. According to Camus, should don Juan be punished?
11. Why is the fame of a writer likely to endure and that of an actor not to do so?
12. Why does Camus call Prometheus the 'first of modern conquerors'?
13. According to the quotation from Nietzsche, what vital function is performed by art?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)