|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Minotaur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phenomenon can humans have no experience of?
(a) True empathy.
2. What is a characteristic of wisdom?
(a) Being able to supply a rationale for any action.
(b) Living on what one has, not speculating about what one does not have.
(c) Living with faith and integrity and reserving judgement.
(d) Knowing when to take things on trust, as well as when not to.
3. What is important about an actor's fame?
(a) Its fleeting nature.
(b) The problem of paparazzi.
(c) Its illusory nature.
(d) Ultimately it brings displeasure.
4. What does Camus suggest happens in bad novels?
(a) Thought becomes more important than style.
(b) There is substantial over-writing, especially with descriptive passages.
(c) There is too much emphasis on structure.
(d) Dialogue is poorly written and often inappropriate to character.
5. What does Camus claim are the two essential pleasures of local youth?
(a) Getting their shoes shined and attracting girls.
(b) Binge drinking and snappy dressing.
(c) Going to the movies with shiny shoes.
(d) Having their shoes shined, then displaying these on the boulevard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most harrowing passion of all?
2. According to Camus, what is the only way Iago can be understood?
3. What comment of Nietzsche's does Camus make reference to near the beginning of the chapter on Philosophy and Fiction?
4. According to Camus, what is an important relationship between The Trial and The Castle?
5. Why is it necessary to read a Kafka work twice?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)