|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Minotaur.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been the focus of don Juan's existence?
(b) Absurd escapades.
(c) Avoiding conflict.
(d) Short-lived joys.
2. According to Camus, what is an important relationship between The Trial and The Castle?
(a) The Trial presents a problem which The Castle partly solves.
(b) Both novels have a hedonistic main character who denies theism.
(c) The Trial shows us the end of life and The Castle shows us Heaven.
(d) The novels have the same central character and each is based on a play by Shakespeare.
3. How does Camus find Sunday mornings in Algiers?
4. Which art and science have close affinity?
(a) Music and kinesthetics.
(b) Painting and geometry.
(c) Music and mathematics.
(d) Fiction and physics.
5. What is paradoxical about Algiers?
(a) It is on the sea, but inaccessible to shipping.
(b) It contains both cathedrals and mosques.
(c) It gives a man both pleasure and misery.
(d) There is lots of sunlight, yet the place resembles a grim fortress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Camus summarize the actor's art?
2. What kind of thought is involved in the absurd?
3. What is the hero's great fear following his transformation?
4. What can be found at Padovani Beach?
5. What is astonishing about eternal values?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)