|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: Myth of Sisyphus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the chief question pursued in THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV?
(a) The existence of God.
(b) The validity of the Russian church.
(c) Sibling rivalry in the Russian middle class.
(d) Conflict over the emancipation of the Russian serfs.
2. Why are European cemeteries hideous?
(a) They are not maintained properly.
(b) People beautify what they love, not what they hate--and they hate death.
(c) Only poor art-work and sculpture is used.
(d) They are badly planned.
3. What was Sisyphus' attitude to the gods?
(a) He scorned them.
(b) He worshipped them and wanted to be a god, too.
(c) He viewed them with horror and distrust.
(d) He was insanely jealous of them.
4. In what way are people's minds related?
(a) Through common purpose.
(b) Through the collective unconscious.
(c) Through common contradictions.
(d) Through common beliefs and visions.
5. What important factor limits human freedom?
(b) Physical movement.
(d) His absurd nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been the focus of don Juan's existence?
2. What were the consequences of Sisyphus putting Death in chains?
3. Which famous Frenchwoman was self-reliant?
4. Which art and science have close affinity?
5. What quality does Camus call 'the fatal evasion'?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)