|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: Myth of Sisyphus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oedipus' remark imply?
(a) That fate is cruel and will defeat you despite your pure nature.
(b) That in certain circumstances, you might negotiate with the gods.
(c) That fate is a human matter, to be settled among men.
(d) That fate is decided prior to birth.
2. Why did the gods view Sisyphus' punishment as particularly dreadful?
(a) It involved immense pain.
(b) They saw their mistake but were unable to change things.
(c) It involved futile and hopeless labor.
(d) It was unfair relative to his crime.
3. What were the consequences of Sisyphus putting Death in chains?
(a) Death took a terrible revenge.
(b) Pluto took Medea hostage.
(c) People partied continuously because Death never visited them.
(d) Pluto's empire became deserted and silent.
4. Which famous Frenchwoman was self-reliant?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Madame Roland.
(c) Madame La Guillotine.
(d) Violetta Valery
5. What information do we have about Sisyphus in the underworld?
(a) That he stole Pluto's wine.
(c) That he pursued La Belle Helene.
(d) That he fought Orpheus over Eurydice.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sisyphus test his wife's love?
2. What is indicated when melancholy arises in the human heart?
3. According to Camus, what is important about the idea that actions have consequences?
4. What comment does Camus make concerning suffering?
5. What sacrifice does Loyola say God rejoices in?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)