|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: Absurd Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would make man feel alienated in the universe?
(a) Falling out with relatives and friends.
(b) The recognition that the universe is infinite.
(c) Realization that all work is futile.
(d) The realization that the world that can no longer be explained comfortably.
2. What technique is employed by philosophical novelists?
(a) They write with heavy didacticism.
(b) They use characters as mouthpieces for their philosophy.
(c) They often construct their novels as conversations.
(d) They use imagery rather than argument to convey their ideas.
3. From what does the writer wish to liberate his universe?
(a) Its absurdity.
(b) Its incoherence.
(c) Its phantoms.
(d) Its supernovae.
4. What phenomenon can humans have no experience of?
(d) True empathy.
5. What comment does Camus make concerning suffering?
(a) It should be avoided.
(b) It must be endured.
(c) It is ennobling.
(d) It is useless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a consequence of love?
2. What would be a synonym for the phrase 'fecund rumination' (p. 93 of the Penguin Edition)?
3. What has been the focus of don Juan's existence?
4. According to Camus, what is the only way Iago can be understood?
5. Why does Chestov think we turn to God?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)