|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: The Absurd Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are European cemeteries hideous?
(a) They are not maintained properly.
(b) They are badly planned.
(c) Only poor art-work and sculpture is used.
(d) People beautify what they love, not what they hate--and they hate death.
2. Who is the author of Discourses of Edification?
3. Who was Adrienne Lecouvreur?
(a) A French composer of operetta.
(b) A French actress.
(c) A French philosopher.
(d) Voltaire's mistress.
4. What is the most harrowing passion of all?
(a) The experience of unrequited love.
(b) The facing of mortality.
(c) The recognition that death is inevitable.
(d) The recognition of absurdity.
5. What phenomenon can humans have no experience of?
(b) True empathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What binds a man to the absurd?
2. What is a characteristic of wisdom?
3. What is the prime interest of everyday man?
4. What sacrifice does Loyola say God rejoices in?
5. How does Camus classify regret?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)