|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: The Absurd Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous Frenchwoman was self-reliant?
(a) Madame Bovary.
(b) Violetta Valery
(c) Madame La Guillotine.
(d) Madame Roland.
2. How does Camus classify regret?
(a) As another form of hope.
(b) As being akin to grief, therefore dangerous.
(c) As mere sentimentality.
(d) As sin.
3. What is a characteristic of wisdom?
(a) Knowing when to take things on trust, as well as when not to.
(b) Being able to supply a rationale for any action.
(c) Living on what one has, not speculating about what one does not have.
(d) Living with faith and integrity and reserving judgement.
4. What is the prime interest of everyday man?
(a) The Darwinian drive to procreate the species.
(b) Himself and his potentialities.
(c) The world and what he can get out of it.
(d) Study and personal growth.
5. What comment does Camus make concerning suffering?
(a) It should be avoided.
(b) It is useless.
(c) It is ennobling.
(d) It must be endured.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important about an actor's fame?
2. What does Camus see as the one truly serious philosophical problem?
3. What would make man feel alienated in the universe?
4. What binds a man to the absurd?
5. Why are European cemeteries hideous?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)