|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: The Absurd Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chestov think we turn to God?
(a) Because we are afraid.
(b) Only to obtain the impossible.
(c) To have the feling that 'underneath are the everlasting arms'.
(d) Only to gain favors.
2. How does Camus summarize the actor's art?
(a) As the ability to simulate absolutely.
(b) As an absurd illusion.
(c) As dangerous counterfeit.
(d) As the ability to represent faithfully.
3. What sacrifice does Loyola say God rejoices in?
(a) The sacrifice of hope.
(b) The sacrifice of celibacy.
(c) The sacrifice of the intellect.
(d) The sacrifice of humility?
4. What factors ought to underpin discussion of the meaning of life?
(a) The rebel and his place in history.
(b) Common sense and understanding.
(c) Don Quixote and a sense of the absurd.
(d) Common sense and perseverence.
5. What is the most harrowing passion of all?
(a) The experience of unrequited love.
(b) The recognition that death is inevitable.
(c) The facing of mortality.
(d) The recognition of absurdity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What binds a man to the absurd?
2. What is ridiculous about the writer who emulated Peregrinos?
3. Once, how were the condemned spared the sight of the scaffold?
4. Which famous Frenchwoman was self-reliant?
5. What is the prime interest of everyday man?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)