|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: The Absurd Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chestov think we turn to God?
(a) To have the feling that 'underneath are the everlasting arms'.
(b) Because we are afraid.
(c) Only to obtain the impossible.
(d) Only to gain favors.
2. Who is the author of Discourses of Edification?
3. What does Camus claim is different about his discussion of suicide?
(a) His attitude to it is more sympathetic.
(b) He sees it as an individual matter, not purely a social one.
(c) It is easier to read than most works of philosophy.
(d) His views have been formed after conducting many interviews.
4. What is a consequence of love?
(a) The stronger the love, the stronger the absurdity.
(b) The stronger the love, the less absurd it is.
(c) Marriage and children.
(d) It is impossible to assess because every relationship is different.
5. What phenomenon can humans have no experience of?
(d) True empathy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prime interest of everyday man?
2. How does Camus classify regret?
3. Why are European cemeteries hideous?
4. How does a man define himself?
5. What binds a man to the absurd?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)