|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Return to Tipasa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Camus criticize Oran?
(a) Indifference and profound apathy.
(b) Apathy and cruelty.
(c) Mediocrity and indifference.
(d) Discrimination and ennui.
2. How was the god Mercury involved in the Sisyphus story?
(a) He impregnated Sisyphus's wife when in the guise of a swan.
(b) He swapped roles with him.
(c) He interceded on Sisyphus's behalf.
(d) He led Sisyphus forcibly back to the underworld.
3. Of what figurative device is: 'These are our nights of Gethsemane'?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It is a metaphor.
(c) It is an example of idiomatic phrasing.
(d) It is an example of decorative prose.
4. What kind of thought is involved in the absurd?
5. Camus mentions the parliament of birds in which literary source?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which novel deals with a soul in quest of grace?
2. With what did Socrates' life end.
3. Camus uses the word 'furtive' to describe _____________.
4. Who is the protagonist in The Trial?
5. What is the alternative title for The Minotaur?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)