|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Return to Tipasa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What status as a philosopher does Camus accord Plato?
(a) Primitive because he had not the benefit of our scientific knowledge.
(b) Acceptable, focussing on reason.
(c) Superior, all-encompassing.
(d) Acceptable, though biased.
2. Of what does the color of the ruined city's columns remind the writer?
3. Which city is Oran's rival?
4. How are myths given life?
(a) Through cinema and stage representation.
(b) Through human imagination.
(c) Through their coming true.
(d) Through representations on Grecian urns.
5. What can be found at Padovani Beach?
(a) An all-day dance hall.
(b) A dance school for the poor.
(c) The best cafe in Algiers.
(d) Lifeguards trained in Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at noon at the Place du Gouvernement?
2. What did Goethe call for when on his deathbed?
3. What status does Camus give Sisyphus?
4. Who liberated Death?
5. How does Kafka express the absurd?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)