|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Return to Tipasa.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this essay, the Minotaur is used to represent which human experience?
2. What does the word 'limpid' mean?
(a) Clear or transparent.
(b) Limp and floppy.
(c) A shade of pink.
3. How does Camus classify regret?
(a) As mere sentimentality.
(b) As sin.
(c) As being akin to grief, therefore dangerous.
(d) As another form of hope.
4. What does Camus see as the one truly serious philosophical problem?
(a) Judging the value of actions.
(b) Judging the value of religion.
(c) Judging whether or not life is worth living.
(d) The problem of human pain and suffering.
5. What 'two worlds' does Kafka present in his novels?
(a) Anxiety and the absurd.
(b) Everyday life and supernatural anxiety.
(c) The absurd and the prosaic.
(d) Everyday life and transcendent ecstasy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Commonly, what concerns Dostoevsky's heroes?
2. Who liberated Death?
3. What has Camus to say about Kirilov's reasoning?
4. What form of travel did Camus use to reach Tipasa?
5. What does Oedipus' remark imply?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)