|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: Absurd Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Camus classify regret?
(a) As another form of hope.
(b) As sin.
(c) As being akin to grief, therefore dangerous.
(d) As mere sentimentality.
2. What does Camus suggest happens in bad novels?
(a) There is too much emphasis on structure.
(b) Dialogue is poorly written and often inappropriate to character.
(c) There is substantial over-writing, especially with descriptive passages.
(d) Thought becomes more important than style.
3. What is meant by 'savoir-faire'?
(a) A good person.
(b) The ability to savor good food.
(c) Knowing what to do, or having tact.
(d) Gentle behavior.
4. What sacrifice does Loyola say God rejoices in?
(a) The sacrifice of the intellect.
(b) The sacrifice of hope.
(c) The sacrifice of celibacy.
(d) The sacrifice of humility?
5. Which art and science have close affinity?
(a) Fiction and physics.
(b) Painting and geometry.
(c) Music and kinesthetics.
(d) Music and mathematics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would make man feel alienated in the universe?
2. What comment does Camus make concerning suffering?
3. What factors ought to underpin discussion of the meaning of life?
4. What is the legendary Faust remembered for?
5. In what way are people's minds related?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)