|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Myth of Sisyphus: Absurd Creation.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most harrowing passion of all?
(a) The recognition of absurdity.
(b) The experience of unrequited love.
(c) The recognition that death is inevitable.
(d) The facing of mortality.
2. What kind of thought is involved in the absurd?
3. What comment does Camus make concerning suffering?
(a) It is useless.
(b) It must be endured.
(c) It is ennobling.
(d) It should be avoided.
4. What would be a synonym for the phrase 'fecund rumination' (p. 93 of the Penguin Edition)?
(a) Productive thought.
(b) Vetinarary fees.
(c) Lively imagination.
(d) Happy return.
5. What is Camus' attitude to genius?
(a) It excuses nothing.
(b) It excuses everything.
(c) It must be nurtured.
(d) It is anti-democratic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are European cemeteries hideous?
2. In what way are people's minds related?
3. Who is the author of Discourses of Edification?
4. What does Camus suggest happens in bad novels?
5. What is a consequence of love?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)