|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer in Algiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Camus, what is the most obvious symbol in The Trial?
(a) An insect.
(b) A knife.
2. Which novel deals with a soul in quest of grace?
(a) The Castle.
(c) The Trial.
(d) The Life and Times of Michael K.
3. What comment of Nietzsche's does Camus make reference to near the beginning of the chapter on Philosophy and Fiction?
(a) 'What does not destroy me makes me stronger.'
(b) 'Midway in life's journey we need to enter a dark wood.'
(c) 'Scattered thoughts can be both orderly and disorderly.'
(d) 'We have art in order not to die of the truth.'
4. What embodies 'a drama of the intelligence', according to Camus?
(a) The great scientific discoveries.
(b) A marvel of engineering.
(c) A work of art.
(d) The plays of Shakespeare.
5. Who was Adrienne Lecouvreur?
(a) Voltaire's mistress.
(b) A French philosopher.
(c) A French composer of operetta.
(d) A French actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is important about an actor's fame?
2. Who liberated Death?
3. How does Camus see Sisyphus vis-a-vis his fate?
4. What is Camus' view concerning the idea that the artist can be detached from his work?
5. What attitude can overcome all fate?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)