|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer in Algiers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vincent do for a living?
(a) He is a consultant.
(b) He is a cooper.
(c) He is a concierge.
(d) He is a copper.
2. What does Camus see as an almost inevitable companion to passion?
3. What does Oedipus' remark imply?
(a) That in certain circumstances, you might negotiate with the gods.
(b) That fate is a human matter, to be settled among men.
(c) That fate is cruel and will defeat you despite your pure nature.
(d) That fate is decided prior to birth.
4. What comment does Camus make about the word 'sin'?
(a) That he has never really understood it.
(b) That it refers to an illusion.
(c) That it is a word used to make people fearful, thus easy to control.
(d) It is something we all should be more aware of.
5. Which novel deals with a soul in quest of grace?
(a) The Castle.
(b) The Life and Times of Michael K.
(c) The Trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in The Trial?
2. What kind of thought is involved in the absurd?
3. Once, how were the condemned spared the sight of the scaffold?
4. In The Castle, what is significant about the character Amalia?
5. What important factor limits human freedom?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)