|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Helen's Exile.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the hero of Metamorphosis?
(b) Michael K.
(d) Joseph K.
2. Why is it necessary to read a Kafka work twice?
(a) His prose is very dense.
(b) There are complex relationships and a host of characters.
(c) There is a double possibility of interpretation.
(d) In order to savor the beauty of his writing.
3. What status as a philosopher does Camus accord Plato?
(a) Acceptable, though biased.
(b) Superior, all-encompassing.
(c) Primitive because he had not the benefit of our scientific knowledge.
(d) Acceptable, focussing on reason.
4. What is the contrast between the historical and artistic spirits, according to Camus?
(a) History's aim is tyranny, while the artist's aim is freedom.
(b) History can be manipulated, but art never can.
(c) History is a necessary record of the past, while art is a mere bagatelle.
(d) History aims to educate, art to expand consciousness.
5. Where is history now to be found?
(a) In libraries.
(b) In the streets.
(c) In archival collections held by governments.
(d) In books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment does Camus make about Greek thought?
2. With what did Socrates' life end.
3. In what way are people's minds related?
4. What is Camus' view concerning the idea that the artist can be detached from his work?
5. According to Camus, what have 'the smell of the office clinging to them'?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)