|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reveals that he is the figure on the ramparts and the disembodied voice from a chamber between the walls at Udolpho?
(a) Chevalier Du Pont.
2. Who is imprisoned in Chapter Eight of Volume Three because of accusations sent by Montoni?
(a) Count Morano.
3. Who visits the Chateau Le Blanc and becomes enamored with Blanche?
(c) Chevalier Du Pont.
(d) Chevalier St. Foix.
4. What does Dorothee tell Blanche happened to the previous lady of the chateau?
(a) The lady died in her bedchamber.
(b) The lady died in childbirth.
(c) The lady became a nun.
(d) The lady ran away with a lover and died of a fever.
5. Who faints and is taken captive by banditti in Chapter Twelve of Volume Four?
(a) St. Foixe.
(c) Countess De Villefort.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the storm, what does Count De Villefort and his family hear while returning to their chateau in their carriage?
2. When Valancourt meets Emily in Chapter Two of Volume Four, what does he hope?
3. Who escorts Emily to safety when Udolpho is threatened by an enemy in Chapter Six of Volume Three?
4. Where is Theresa living when Emily visits her in Chapter Eleven of Volume Four?
5. Who does Bernardine tell Emily to bring with her when she meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily's likeness to the Marchioness' portrait foreshadow?
2. In Chapter Nine of Volume Three, Emily composes a poem called "The Mariner". What role do Emily's poems play throughout the story?
3. What incident in Chapter Seven of Volume Four increases the reputation of the Marchioness de Villeroi's chamber at Chateau le Blanc as being haunted?
4. What room at the Chateau le Blanc is supposedly haunted?
5. What clues are there that Bernardine has a malicious intent toward Emily?
6. Why is Count Morano imprisoned after his return to Venice?
7. What seemingly supernatural event occurs when Montoni harasses Emily the estates she has inherited from her aunt?
8. What is Montoni's reaction to his wife's death?
9. Is Valancourt a perfect hero or does he have flaws and weaknesses?
10. What is Monsieur Quesnel's response to Emily's letter in Chapter Twelve of Volume Three?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)