|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Emily resembles the dead Marchioness de Villeroi, the former lady of the Chateau le Blanc?
(b) The Countess De Villefort.
(c) The Count De Villefort.
2. What does a storm that arises while Count De Villefort and his family are on a boat ride cause the family to do?
(a) Take shelter in the monastery.
(b) Get lost in the woods.
(c) Crash their boat.
(d) Take shelter in a cave.
3. Who sleeps in the chamber with Annette and Emily to protect them from Montoni's henchmen?
4. What happens to Count De Villefort, Blanche and the St. Foixes when they decide to head toward La Vallee in Chapter Twelve of Volume Four?
(a) They become ill with a fever.
(b) They are attacked by soldiers.
(c) They get robbed by gypsies.
(d) They get lost en route and take shelter in a strange chateau.
5. Who does Emily beg not to forsake her as all have done since her father's death?
(b) Madame Montoni.
6. When Valancourt meets Emily in Chapter Two of Volume Four, what does he hope?
(a) That his behavior won't cause her unhappiness for long.
(b) That she will never have any man but him.
(c) That she will forgive him and still agree to marry him.
(d) That she will find true love with Du Pont.
7. Why is Emily summoned back to the castle di Udolpho in Chapter Eight of Volume Three?
(a) The siege of the castle has ended.
(b) Annette is injured and needs her.
(c) Montoni wants to marry her.
(d) Montoni is dying.
8. Where is Theresa living when Emily visits her in Chapter Eleven of Volume Four?
(a) At Chateau St. Foixe.
(b) At Tholouse.
(c) At the convent.
(d) In a cottage of her own.
9. Who advises Emily on recovering her aunt's estates from Montoni?
(a) Count De Villefort.
(b) Du Pont.
10. Where does Emily think she spies Valancourt in Chapter Ten of Volume Four?
(a) At the convent.
(b) At the monastery.
(c) At the gardens of La Vallee.
(d) At Tholouse.
11. Who rescues Emily, Du Pont, Annette and Ludovico in Chapter Eleven of Section Three?
(a) Nuns from the convent.
(b) Count De Villefort and his family.
(c) Monks from the monastery.
12. Who sleeps in the Marchioness de Villeroi's supposedly haunted apartments but refuses to discuss the experience?
(c) Du Pont.
(d) The Count De Villefort.
13. What is the odd flame on Antonio's lance viewed as?
(a) An omen of an impending death.
(b) An omen of bad luck.
(c) An indication that the castle is haunted.
(d) A sign of impending victory in battle.
14. In Chapter Six of Volume Three, who repeats Montoni's threats to Emily about her estates?
(b) A groaning disembodied voice.
15. Who helps Count De Villefort's party escape from the banditti?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dorothee and Emily visit the bedchamber of the Marchioness de Villeroi, what does Dorothee unexpectedly throw over Emily?
2. Who gives Theresa money and a ring to give to Emily to remember him by?
3. Where does Emily go to avoid an unwanted suitor in Chapter Seven of Volume Four?
4. Who does Emily think made the carving she finds near the chateau?
5. Where does Emily reunite with Valancourt in Chapter Thirteen of Volume Three?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)