|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Volume 4, chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who inherits Chateau le Blanc in Chapter Ten of Volume Three?
(b) Count De Villefort.
2. Who does Sister Agnes turn out to be?
(a) Du Pont's mother.
(b) The Marchioness de Villeroi.
(c) The sister of Montoni.
(d) Signora Laurentini.
3. Which of the following is NOT a lament that Madame Montoni makes about her marriage in Chapter Seven of Volume Two?
(a) He wants to use her settlement to pay his debts.
(b) Her husband has spent her fortune.
(c) He wants her to sign away her settlement.
(d) Her husband spends too much time with her.
4. To whom does M. St. Albert sell part of his family domain?
(a) To Monsieur Quesnel, his wife's brother.
(b) To Madame Cheron.
(c) To Signor Montoni.
(d) To Valencourt.
5. What type of events does Madame Cheron make Emily attend in Chapter Twelve?
(b) Dinner parties.
(c) Weddings of other young women.
(d) Masses at church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits the Chateau Le Blanc and becomes enamored with Blanche?
2. Who is the prisoner in the chamber next to Emily's at Udolpho?
3. Who comes to Emily's rescue and saves her from her kidnappers?
4. On the banks of what river is the chateau of Monsieur St. Albert located?
5. To what does the betrayal of Montoni lead?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)