|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Volume 4, chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monsieur St. Albert do when he finds out that he and Emily are near the Chateau le Blanc?
(a) He demands to be taken to the chateau.
(b) He rejoices.
(c) He demands to be taken away from the chateau.
(d) He weeps.
2. Who helps Count De Villefort's party escape from the banditti?
3. What information does Bernardine have for Emily?
(a) He knows where Emily's aunt is imprisoned.
(b) He has evidence that Montoni is a murderer and a thief.
(c) He knows how to escape the highly guarded castle.
(d) He has a secret letter from Valancourt.
4. Whose ghost supposedly haunts castle di Udolpho?
(a) The Marchioness de Villeroi's.
(b) Signora Laurentini's.
(c) Monsieur St. Albert's.
(d) The Marquis de Villeroi's.
5. What mysterious sound does Emily hear at night in Chapter Ten of Volume Two?
(a) A baby crying.
(c) A wail.
(d) A scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Montoni refuse Emily's request to leave Udolpho?
2. On the banks of what river is the chateau of Monsieur St. Albert located?
3. While Emily and Monsieur St. Albert are traveling in Chapter Three, who joins them in their travel, helps them acquire lodging, and joins them for dinner?
4. Why does Montoni feel defrauded by his wife in Chapter Three of Volume II?
5. When Dorothee and Emily visit the bedchamber of the Marchioness de Villeroi, what does Dorothee unexpectedly throw over Emily?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)