|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Volume 4, chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Monsieur Quesnel want to assist Emily?
(a) Claiming her aunt's estates.
(b) Prosecuting Montoni for mistreating her aunt.
(c) Finding a husband.
(d) Entering the convent and becoming a nun.
2. What does Emily learn that her relationship to the Marchioness de Villeroi is?
(a) The Marchioness was her half sister.
(b) The Marchioness was her paternal aunt.
(c) The Marchioness was her father's mistress.
(d) The Marchioness was her cousin.
3. Which of the following is NOT a lament that Madame Montoni makes about her marriage in Chapter Seven of Volume Two?
(a) He wants to use her settlement to pay his debts.
(b) Her husband has spent her fortune.
(c) Her husband spends too much time with her.
(d) He wants her to sign away her settlement.
4. What does Emily see her father kissing in Chapter Two?
(a) The crucifix with which he prays.
(b) The miniature portrait of an unknown lady.
(c) Her dead mother's portrait.
(d) A strange woman's hand.
5. When a stranger arrives with an urgent message for Emily in Chapter Fourteen of Volume Four, why does she not admit him?
(a) She feas it's Bernardi.
(b) She fears it's the banditti.
(c) She thinks it's Valancourt.
(d) She fears it's Montoni's soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Ten of Volume Four, who shoots the man who might have been Valancourt, taking him for a robber?
2. After the storm, what does Count De Villefort and his family hear while returning to their chateau in their carriage?
3. Who does Sister Agnes turn out to be?
4. Which suitor of Emily's returns to Chateau le Blanc and is encouraged by Count De Villefort to hope he will win Emily?
5. What does Emily do after Montoni has three armed men take her aunt away?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)