|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10: Volume 3, chapters 8-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a lament that Madame Montoni makes about her marriage in Chapter Seven of Volume Two?
(a) He wants her to sign away her settlement.
(b) He wants to use her settlement to pay his debts.
(c) Her husband has spent her fortune.
(d) Her husband spends too much time with her.
2. What type of events does Madame Cheron make Emily attend in Chapter Twelve?
(a) Weddings of other young women.
(c) Dinner parties.
(d) Masses at church.
3. What does Emily do when she finds Valancourt's book?
(a) She writes Valancourt a letter.
(b) She weeps.
(c) She smiles.
(d) She steals the book.
4. At the fishing-house, what does Madame St. Albert notice is missing?
(a) Her locket with a miniature of Emily in it.
(b) Her medicine.
(c) Her handkerchief.
(d) Monsieur St. Albert's purse.
5. Who reveals that he is the figure on the ramparts and the disembodied voice from a chamber between the walls at Udolpho?
(b) Chevalier Du Pont.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Emily looks for her book, what book of Valancourt's does she find instead?
2. What mysterious sound does Emily hear at night in Chapter Ten of Volume Two?
3. Who does Emily beg not to forsake her as all have done since her father's death?
4. Who comes to Emily's rescue and saves her from her kidnappers?
5. What does Montoni advise Emily to do in response to Monsieur Quesnel's actions at La Vallee?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)