|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7: Volume 2, chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the banks of what river is the chateau of Monsieur St. Albert located?
(a) The Garonne.
(b) The Tigris-Euphrates.
(c) The Nile.
(d) The Thames.
2. What information does Bernardine have for Emily?
(a) He knows where Emily's aunt is imprisoned.
(b) He has a secret letter from Valancourt.
(c) He knows how to escape the highly guarded castle.
(d) He has evidence that Montoni is a murderer and a thief.
3. Who disappeared from castle di Udolpho twenty years earlier?
(a) The Marquis de Villeroi.
(b) Signora Laurentini.
(c) The Marchioness de Villeroi.
(d) Montoni's first wife.
4. What mysterious and seemingly supernatural occurrence happens while Montoni explains how he obtained the castle?
(a) Harp music is heard where no harp or player is seen.
(b) A disembodied voice speaks.
(c) The lights flicker on and off.
(d) A white mist appears in the room.
5. Which of the following does NOT happen when Emily refuses Count Morano's attempts to take her for a ride alone in Chapter Three of Volume Two?
(a) Count Morano says she has accepted his affections.
(b) Montoni claims Emily wrote M. Quesnel accepting Morano.
(c) Count Morano forces Emily to wed him.
(d) Montoni lies about Emily's real letter to M. Quesnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes bridal ornaments to Emily's chambers and insists the forced marriage in Venice will be for Emily's own good?
2. When Monsieur St. Albert, Valencourt and Emily find a shepherd's cabin at which a young woman laments that gypsies have stolen several sheep, what does Valancourt do to help the woman replace her missing sheep?
3. What does Emily St. Albert find written on a wainscot in Chapter One?
4. About whom does Emily compose a poem called "The Piedmontese"?
5. Who locks Annette in a room for her safety?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)